Currys price promise

Options
Am I allowed to use this forum to vent some frustration?

I went to Milton Keynes currys on Sunday looking to buy a steam cleaner. It was £99.99 however was £84.99 with Robert Dyas. I checked beforehand if they did a price promise which online stated they would. I got to the store and a sales assistant called Swami said they don’t price promise Robert Dyas. I left and enquires with customer services via email who have replied stating they do price promise Robert Dyas. :mad:

Anyway outburst over.

Comments

• powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Locornwall wrote: »
    Am I allowed to use this forum to vent some frustration?

I went to Milton Keynes currys on Sunday looking to buy a steam cleaner. It was £99.99 however was £84.99 with Robert Dyas. I checked beforehand if they did a price promise which online stated they would. I got to the store and a sales assistant called Swami said they don’t price promise Robert Dyas. I left and enquires with customer services via email who have replied stating they do price promise Robert Dyas. :mad:
    Anyway outburst over.

Probably better off in the Praise, Vent and Warnings section.

I would have got this up on my phone whilst in store to check why, as meets all the criteria as long as both places have it in stock.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/price-promise-1023-theme.html
  • Locornwall
    Options
    Yes no doubt I should have, however it had been the end of a long day with my kids and tiredness got to me.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,646 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You've have learnt one important lesson from this :

Don't go to Currys!!
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Justfoxes
    Options
    A Breach of Currys own Price Promise !
    Firstly was quite happy with Currys bought A lovely Sony television that had its own five year guarantee from Sony took it home set it up lovely no bother, Then a few days later needed to buy a tumble dryer so I searched online to find it cheaper elsewhere managed to find it cheaper by £86 a 25% early Black Friday voucher code from Hotpoint on the BlueLightCard NHS emergency service discounts card.

Went to Currys store to ask for the price promise and they point blank refused to match the code that I had for the discount, yet their own statements on their price promise states that we will not be beaten anywhere by anyone FULL STOP!!
    Which included any website any discount code but when they then try to get out of the promise stating section 5 of their terms and conditions where it states membership now this is got quite a bit of a flaw in it because it doesn’t state what kind of membership it refers too what membership a swimming club football club gym club the T&Cs doesn’t state that it is a works discount code.

But when I was looking for contact details on my receipt It was then that I noticed on my receipt from purchasing the TV a few days before that the salesperson had put an extended guarantee onto my receipt without my permission without my knowledge without me wanting this extended guarantee or needing this extended guarantee which set up a £5.49 pound a month direct debit didn’t need it as Sony had a free 5 year guarantee on the tv.
    I spoke to PC World know how via Twitter personal message keep sending them all the information they asked for regarding the cheaper price elsewhere screen shots went prices etc one minute they’re saying yes they will price match another one saying no way needless to say I will be paying the £258 by buying it straight from Hotpoint via the blue light card, but this company has really let me down as a customer they’ve gone against their own price match promise and I will be seeking advice from trading standards regarding both their So-called price promise statement Of not being beaten by anybody “FULL STOP!!” And also the mis-selling of the extended guarantee for which I did not want need or asked for as the television was covered by Sonys own five year guarantee.
    Needless to say we use Currys quite a lot in the past and I was hoping to use Currys for quite a few things over Christmas but this now has made me think about purchasing from them again!
    Poor customer service poor advice rude staff mis-selling of products I did not need Currys has failed their customers big time and need to review their own Price matching statements !!
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    Justfoxes wrote: »
    Firstly was quite happy with Currys bought A lovely Sony television that had its own five year guarantee from Sony took it home set it up lovely no bother, Then a few days later needed to buy a tumble dryer so I searched online to find it cheaper elsewhere managed to find it cheaper by £86 a 25% early Black Friday voucher code from Hotpoint on the BlueLightCard NHS emergency service discounts card.

Went to Currys store to ask for the price promise and they point blank refused to match the code that I had for the discount, yet their own statements on their price promise states that we will not be beaten anywhere by anyone FULL STOP!!
    Which included any website any discount code but when they then try to get out of the promise stating section 5 of their terms and conditions where it states membership now this is got quite a bit of a flaw in it because it doesn’t state what kind of membership it refers too what membership a swimming club football club gym club the T&Cs doesn’t state that it is a works discount code.

But when I was looking for contact details on my receipt It was then that I noticed on my receipt from purchasing the TV a few days before that the salesperson had put an extended guarantee onto my receipt without my permission without my knowledge without me wanting this extended guarantee or needing this extended guarantee which set up a £5.49 pound a month direct debit didn’t need it as Sony had a free 5 year guarantee on the tv.
    I spoke to PC World know how via Twitter personal message keep sending them all the information they asked for regarding the cheaper price elsewhere screen shots went prices etc one minute they’re saying yes they will price match another one saying no way needless to say I will be paying the £258 by buying it straight from Hotpoint via the blue light card, but this company has really let me down as a customer they’ve gone against their own price match promise and I will be seeking advice from trading standards regarding both their So-called price promise statement Of not being beaten by anybody “FULL STOP!!” And also the mis-selling of the extended guarantee for which I did not want need or asked for as the television was covered by Sonys own five year guarantee.
    Needless to say we use Currys quite a lot in the past and I was hoping to use Currys for quite a few things over Christmas but this now has made me think about purchasing from them again!
    Poor customer service poor advice rude staff mis-selling of products I did not need Currys has failed their customers big time and need to review their own Price matching statements !!
    How did they manage to set up a direct debit without your cooperation?
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Justfoxes wrote: »

I wouldnt expect a price match with a discount not available to the general public TBH
  • zoob
    zoob Posts: 574 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Why not just buy the dryer from Hotpoint rather than going to curry’s ?
  • CakeCrusader
    Options
    Don't you think it's a bit off to name a member of staff and where they work online because you're p*ssed off? Just complain to their manager, don't publicly out them like this, it's not good!
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    How did they manage to set up a direct debit without your cooperation?

Mmm. Given they need your sort code & bank acc details.

Although they do these as card payments.

I have known sale people push these saying that you can have it free for x months.
    Life in the slow lane
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    The fact you pay £5 for 3 years membership to the bluelight card and the fact the Currys t&c's exclude membership is kind of obvious.

I'm sure if being a member of the swimming club you mentioned gave the discount you would get the same reply, and quite rightly so!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure