Options

Comments

• Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    Good job photome.

One possible change.......
    GOOD CAR HIRE COMPANYS

Carhire 3000 .... they will often price match any better quote and include all car insurances in with the price . so probably worth searching with travelsupermarket before going to them .

.......when I was looking in the summer, the zero excess insurance was extra, whereas it used to be included......added about £50 to the cost. Someone better with insurance may want to verify this for me.

Opodo turned out cheaper for carhire.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • Froggitt
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Thanks changed that , but I have no idea if these phones are still in existence??

Yes I pmd Crabman at the same time I opened the new thread

I think the phones disappeared along with Sammz who had them.

Might be useful to post a phones tip eg go to Walmart and buy a phone for $30 including $30 of airtime. Anywhere on strip that does cheap phones with air?
  • xnikkix
    xnikkix Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy New Year when it comes! We're off to Vegas for our second trip in just over two weeks and can't wait! Has anyone hired a Dodge Charger before? We're hoping to fit four adults. I'm hoping it's big enough as we still want something that's a little bit cool!
  • Froggitt
    Options
    $6.95 steak dinner at Ellis Island
    It's long been a table topper in Las Vegas Advisor's top 10 Vegas Values. a 10 oz Steak with salad , beans and choice of Potato . it's isn't actually on the menu though , you have to ask for it.available 24/7
    Now $7.95 but also includes a beer from their micro-brewery on site.
  • Froggitt
    Options
    Virginfly everyday from Gatwick airport and twice weekly fromManchester from 2011 .however be warned this flight is poor quality IMO. the planes used (747's) are old , with cramped uncomfortable seats arranged in a bad configuration ,
    http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2011/10/17/38525/virgin+atlantic+to+refurbish+gatwick+fleet.html

Virgin Atlantic is to refurbish its fleet at Gatwick with new economy and premium seats and an updated entertainment system.
    The £100 million refit, which also includes its Boeing 747‑400 aircraft operating out of Manchester, is due to be completed by October 2012.
    The premium economy cabin will feature leather seats with a 38-inch pitch, dual-position footrest, lumbar support and adjustable headrest with wings.
    The newly fitted aircraft will also include the IFE touchscreen entertainment system, which allows users to watch a film at the same time as following the moving map on the handset.
  • Froggitt
    Options
    Also latest on Virgin upgrading at the Airport
    4) Extra leg room seats - if you would like more leg roomyou can purchase exit row seats at Gatwick airport on selected flights on the day of travel from between £50 and £75 one way depending on the route. Alternatively Virgin Atlantic is creating a number of Economy seats on its Gatwick fleet of aircraft with a larger seat pitch of 34 inches which will also be available to purchase at check in for only £30 one way.

5) Upgrade at the airport - if you want to travel with more space and luxury why not upgrade at the airport to Premium Economy. Depending on your economy ticket type an upgrade can be purchased on the day of departure at the airport, prices start from £149 one way. Premium Economy offers passengers a leather seat with a seat pitch of 38 inches. Passengers travelling in Premium Economy benefit from many dedicated services including a dedicated check in, cabin crew and meal service along with priority boarding and luggage.
  • Froggitt
    edited 31 December 2011 at 2:29PM
    Options
    Also on the cars, even the additional no excess insurance doesnt cover you for things like breakdown recovery, tyres, windscreen.....anyone confirm this? They always try to upsell me at the counter.

Also the carhire companies never seem to have the compact cars ie the really cheapo ones, in stock, so they will upgrade you to a bigger one, although not before trying to upsell you beforehand!!!

I booked a compact chevrolet_aveo.jpg

they gave me a Ford Crown Victoria

250px-Miami_Dade_Police_-_Crown_Victoria.JPG

minus all the markings.

But remember, they only give you the bigger car down in the garage......if you get given a smaller one, youre stuck with it.
  • WestHamDaz
    Options
    84 days to go until we go back....
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    VALUE FOR MONEY
    xnikkix wrote: »
    Happy New Year when it comes! We're off to Vegas for our second trip in just over two weeks and can't wait! Has anyone hired a Dodge Charger before? We're hoping to fit four adults. I'm hoping it's big enough as we still want something that's a little bit cool!

Yes plenty big enough, they are big inside and room for 3 large cases in boot.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    VALUE FOR MONEY
    Thanks to all suggestions for change, I will have a look and amend when I have more time, off to football shortly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure