Re: Wanted: Hardwood: Beds, Bucks, Herts

Options
If you have any wind blown trees or timber.
I am always on the lookout for timber in the Beds, Bucks, Herts area they want to get rid of..
It's really frustrating at this time of year when there is lots of wind blown stuff around and just can't seem to get to it.

I would happily come get it from you as long as it’s free/cheap. Any now or in the future please send me a pm.
I am not in the industry just looking for stuff to season for my Rayburn to keep the bills down so not too fussy what I receive.
Let me know if , Tring. is close enough. I would like your Hardwood timber please. Especially if you can just dump it on our drive. This is what I have said on Arbtalk with a little luck so far. It's in my Rayburn as we write! I had to go and get it - no problem.

So there must be other places too where they just have to burn the stuff. I have also emailed the local golf course too. As I need a break. I can provide a free log tip site I have told them to save you having to burn it onsite.

Other wind blown trees I have seen all belong to farmers and have not yet approached them yet as apparently they get SPS subsidy.

I have a VW transporter van I can borrow for the day and collect a load or two. There must be other legal ways of getting wood as we need a regular supply?

Towser
Thanks in advance

Comments

• silverwhistle
    Options
    Not in your area but as I don't work (or from home occasionally) I keep an ear open for the sound of chainsaws! I've sourced a reasonable amount from 120 to 200 metres away, and two weeks ago a couple of hatchback loads of sweet chestnut as I came back from shopping and saw a sign saying free wood. The arb guys even lifted a large round into the car. That's all split and stacked and aiming for winter 20/21.

There's a bit of luck involved, but let people know as my neighbours have told me about arb teams working locally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure