Options
13»

Comments

• Zandoni
    Zandoni Posts: 3,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Why is that worrying....the in law didn't buy it . The purchaser is happy and so is the recipient

Only contributors to this forum like paying more than they need to.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    Zandoni wrote: »
    Only contributors to this forum like paying more than they need to.
    but the OP never purchased it.
    His daughters boyfriend made the purchase and was happy with the price paid, it has nothing to do with any of the in laws on how much it cost.
    Out of curiosity I wanted to look at the ring in more detail,

Could he not wait and them ask his daughter if he could look at the ring
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    but the OP never purchased it.
    His daughters boyfriend made the purchase and was happy with the price paid, it has nothing to do with any of the in laws on how much it cost.

Could he not wait and them ask his daughter if he could look at the ring

No way was he/she looking to 'get more detail' they were 100% noseying at the price. Getting a closer look involves looking at the actual ring not a pic online...
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    No way was he/she looking to 'get more detail' they were 100% noseying at the price. Getting a closer look involves looking at the actual ring not a pic online...
    I agree and as stated it has nothing to do with anyone on what he paid for it
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    I agree and as stated it has nothing to do with anyone on what he paid for it

Nope, and as for 'people on here want people to pay more for stuff' commented by he who shall not be named.

This site is about money saving - its not about spending your life stalking every purchase to see if its gone in the sale and demanding a refund. There is more to life.
  • Altarf
    Altarf Posts: 2,916 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »
    I seem to recall a rule of thumb that the engagement ring should be 3 months' salary. Is my memory playing tricks?

The 'one months salary' was a marketing ploy invented by De Beers in the 1930s.
  • Zandoni
    Zandoni Posts: 3,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This site is about money saving - its not about spending your life stalking every purchase to see if its gone in the sale and demanding a refund. There is more to life.
    I'd say trying, not demanding to get a refund after over paying is pretty money saving.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Altarf wrote: »
    The 'one months salary' was a marketing ploy invented by De Beers in the 1930s.

My memory automatically adds inflation and VAT. Nice marketing by a company that pretty much had diamond mining (and production) stitched up for most of the 20th century.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure