Frump to Fab 2017 - A Whole New World

Options

Comments

• sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I went to a family baby shower yesterday. I wore perfume and layered it with the matching body powder and body lotion. I wore black mascara and brown eye shadow that is almost the same shade as my skin. I also painted my finger nails with a clear nail polish.

I wore a red sleeveless top with a v neck, a black pull on skirt, my black Kaleidoscope cardigan, my black leather long jacket, black leather gloves, black scarf and black fur trimmed hat and my black leather ankle boots.

I met my older sister at the baby shower and we had fun joining in the baby themed games. :D

I was really pleased when I was asked if I was my sister's daughter as basically this woman thought I was 20 years younger than I actually am!!! :T My sister was really annoyed as she is only 4 years older than me. :eek:
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I was really pleased when I was asked if I was my sister's daughter as basically this woman thought I was 20 years younger than I actually am!!! :T My sister was really annoyed as she is only 4 years older than me. :eek:

haha, that's brilliant for you but not so much for your sister! Maybe she ought to join this thread? :)

I am so ill it's not funny. I woke up with no voice yesterday and by mid afternoon shopping in Leeds I was ready to keel over. I wouldn't go so far as to say it ruined the day, but I'd have had a better time if I'd been well.

My sister got a swimming costume from Next; it's a one piece but styled to look like a bikini and really flattering on her plus she felt great in it. Mom wants one too, but I told her she ought to look for a different pattern. :rotfl:

I bought a blouse and pencil skirt which look lovely together, and some running stuff. I think the only thing I'm lacking is a sun hat as I suspect mine is knackered from being left in the suitcase, but I can't find any that I like and there weren't many in stores at all. Looking at my Pinterest boards I like big floppy brimmed hats but in practise they wind me up. Plus I feel like having short hair they won't look as nice!
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I had my grievance meeting yesterday and it went well. :D The General manager 'heard' my grievance. My colleague that accompanied me, shocked me, because she literally tried to take over my meeting and would not stop talking and veering off the points I was making for my grievance. :rotfl: I had to insist she stop talking in the end. :)

I am returning to work today and I cannot wait to get stuck in. :) Only 4 working days until half term, so 5 non-working days next week. :D
  • DD265
    Options
    That's great sugarbaby125, I'm really pleased for you! :beer:
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sugarbaby125 - really pleased that your meeting went well:D:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good news about the grievance meeting sugarbaby. It'll be good to just be back for a few days before your half term break.

Is this what you added to you moisturiser for some colour greenbee?

http://www.johnlewis.com/dr-hauschka-translucent-bronze-concentrate-30ml/p122644

Where/when is your holiday DD? sounds like you've bought some lovely things.

I had my nails done today: cut quite short and a dark red shellac. Dancing tonight, I'm thinking my red wool skirt with opaques and a black top.

It's been a glorious day here, real promise of spring. Hoping for many more.:)
  • DD265
    Options
    We go a week on Saturday Maman, to Dubai. My father moved out there last year so my sister and I are going for a week to see him.

It appears that I am the useful kind of ill, that is the kind where my appetite is reduced and I lose weight, rather than the comfort eating kind. :D Hopefully it reflects on the scales on Thursday as I've not felt up to doing any exercise.

I have been feeling a lot brighter today though, and after finishing work (from home) at 5, I've taken the opportunity to prepare the ingredients for two soups; roasted red pepper, tomato and garlic, and butternut squash, carrot and parsnip. They work out to zero and two WeightWatchers Smart Points respectively so they're good for lunches.

I splurged and treated myself to the perfume I've been after; Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Intense. I found it for £45 and it has an RRP of £70+ for the 100ml bottle so I'm very happy with the price.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's been a long time since I posted in the frump to fab, a good two to three years at least.

I have never lost the habit of wearing perfume every day though, I have a few nice ones from very cheap to a very nice quite expensive one OH bought me for xmas so I never wear the same one two days in a row :)

For the last few years I have been quite overweight and struggled to find clothes that fit me well, everything just seemed the wrong fit for my body shape. I have recently lost 1.5st and still working on losing more, I'm feeling great in myself and have started to look at my wardrobe.

I've suddenly realised that I have no sense of style or fashion at all, I had a style in my early twenties then put on all the weight and am now early thirties and have no clue, I don't want to dress "too young" and look ridiculous and I don't want to dress "too old" and add years to myself.

Day to day and around the house I'm a jeans and tshirt girl at heart and always will be but I want to start wearing something a bit nicer, smart casual for days out and to give myself a boost and this is where I'm lost I just don't know where to start.

I have a few big birthday events and weddings to go to this year so am also trying to find things to wear for those, for proper posh I love fifties and sixties pinup style, I can find the dresses but I am rubbish at doing hair and makeup and have no idea how to accessorize. So I may end up turning up in a lovely dress with no shoes, bag, belt, makeup and my hair just thrown back in a ponytail. I may just be a list cause.

So ladies how does a girl suddenly get a fashion sense and complete the frump to fab transformation without breaking the bank?
  • ScarlettMcCain
    Options
    Fosterdog, you sound like me although I am almost 40 and struggling to adjust my style again! Many people on here use charity shops to buy bits and pieces to see what suits them (I find it tricky as I have to manoeuvre a double buggy around though!) or a friend has just used a Debenhams personal shopper and really recommended it. It's a free service and there's no obligation to buy - maybe you could give something like that a go?

So pleased that your grievance hearing went well sugarbaby, and I hope work continues peacefully from now on :)

To everyone on the perfect lipstick hunt….. I've been there too!! Very hard to find the colour, texture, type etc that you want whilst not spending hours in Boots or wherever dabbing things on your hand. I'm currently using Maybelline Colour Sensational in Hollywood Red, which sounds very loud but actually is a lovely deep pink and I would recommend to any 'summer' types who want something bold but not red.

Thank you again LL for your very inspirational post about changing your life within a year. I realised that I'm overeating simply because food (specifically sweet things) gives me pleasure, at least in the short term, and I'm so tired out that I don't care if it's bad for me in the long term! The only people I see regularly are the boys and of course they don't know/ care if I'm overweight. I just don't have anything else 'fun' in my life that takes precedence over food, and how sad is that?!

I'm supposed to be going out on Friday night for my first night out since the boys were born, yet OH has already managed to make me feel rubbish about it :( he's stormed off to the pub in a huff this evening as DS2 was very clingy towards me and wouldn't go to him. I've tried explaining that it's a phase and most children go through it at some stage but in his opinion DS2 should be left to howl and sob till he accepts his daddy instead of mummy….. indie, I wouldn't mind as much if OH was just inept but it's his lack of trying/ patience that gets to me, I know he'll be happy to snore off to sleep once the boys are finally in bed even though he's fully aware that he never hears them if they cry. I am already full of mummy guilt; logically I know that I should go out and that one evening without me won't hurt, but on the other hand the thought of my little boy sobbing for his mummy breaks my heart :(
    Finally debt free!! March 2018 :j
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Remember when I was a contestant on The Chase last year. I finally have a date for transmission of the episode: :j

Tuesday 21st February at 5pm
    on ITV

So if you want to watch me in action, tune in or record the episode
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills