Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Options

Comments

• mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MissPop wrote: »
    I still try to cash out so that after fees I end up with at least £20 - it's been slow for me the last few months. Last June (with the referendum and associated studies) I cashed out £80, recently I'm lucky if I can do £20 in two months :(

I am no historian...but I am pretty sure the referendum was in 2016...:eek:
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • MissPop
    MissPop Posts: 948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mikep22 wrote: »
    I am no historian...but I am pretty sure the referendum was in 2016...:eek:

Stone the flamin' crows, you're right :eek::o

Make £2020 in 2020 - £263.78/£2020

2020 totals
    Swagbucks - £100 | Prolific Academic - £44.54 | Qmee - £10 | PopulusLive - £50

• mikep22
    Options
    MissPop wrote: »
    Stone the flamin' crows, you're right :eek::o

We had an election. I think.

I've had enough of elections. Despite my dislike of the Tories and my wanting them out. But that is for a different time and place :)
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
  • MissPop
    MissPop Posts: 948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We had an election. I think.

I've had enough of elections. Despite my dislike of the Tories and my wanting them out. But that is for a different time and place :)

Oh that's the one, yes - it was an election. Good for surveys, bad for just about everything else!

Make £2020 in 2020 - £263.78/£2020

2020 totals
    Swagbucks - £100 | Prolific Academic - £44.54 | Qmee - £10 | PopulusLive - £50

• Mrs_Soup
    Mrs_Soup Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ive had 4 surveys since I got back from work, not bad at all.

Out of interest - what is others approach to cashing out? .

At the moment it is as soon as I get to £20 as that is taking ages to reach. Last year I was tending to cash out 40-100 but that was probably taking less time to accumulate than the 20 quid now. there was such a good flow of studies there was always a bit more pending. You are having much better luck than me with the studies this year.
  • warby68
    warby68 Posts: 3,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 May 2018 at 10:53AM
    Options
    Ive had 4 surveys since I got back from work, not bad at all.

Out of interest - what is others approach to cashing out? As I approach my 2nd year on Prolific I've had some experience of it, I think my largest was £40 or so. I usually do it when I hit £20 to avoid fees - but right now I am on 25 with a further 7 pending....and no major need to cash out right now (tis my birthday on Thursday and the good bank of mum and dad have sent me funds as a gift).

I cash out once a month. I do the same with all my bits of extra earning - here, my other 2 regular non survey earning sites, cashback, Bank rewards and an employer shopping scheme.

Done all sorts of methods over the years but it now makes me feel richer to have it all in one go (and hopefully smash my target on 1st of the month), sad that I am :rotfl: If I'm on target this is then enough to get the bonus on a savings account via minimum deposit and I've never failed yet. Anything above that goes to a treat fund.

When I used to do it in dribs and drabs it was just swallowed up in general spends.
  • mikep22
    Options
    Mrs_Soup wrote: »
    At the moment it is as soon as I get to £20 as that is taking ages to reach. Last year I was tending to cash out 40-100 but that was probably taking less time to accumulate than the 20 quid now. there was such a good flow of studies there was always a bit more pending. You are having much better luck than me with the studies this year.

Still seems to be slightly less then before - but it still smashes other survey sites. While I estimate Prolific is 25 a month or so for me, Swagbucks I am lucky to get 10, Opinion Outpost would probably be around 10....Populous and YouGov pay well but is not as frequent...Global Test Market is duller then an evening with a bloke called Keith (have you ever met an interesting Keith?)
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Team interactive study pre-registration (CPSUS) 30p

Registration for a study 6pm tomorrow, 2 hours webcam £12

I clicked on the last slot in this wave, but I'm going to have to stop without completing in the next 8 minutes as I can't commit to 2 hours.
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,907 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did anyone request a payout to Circle yesterday and not receive it? I know they say can take up to 5 days but I've always received mine the same day before. Also, is there anywhere on the Prolific site where you can see your payment history...can't see anything but praps just having a senior blonde moment!! Thanks :)
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Payments are sent to circle on Tuesdays and Fridays, usually around 2pm but sometimes earlier. What time yesterday did you cash out Mir!? If you missed yesterdays cut off, next run should be on Friday.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback