Christmas Kiosk - Sale or return

Options
I've got a pitch this year for a full size Christmas Kiosk in Manchester. It will be 3m x 2m and I need to fill it ... for 2 months!!

I have already made lots of craft items but I also want some things that I can sell on a sale or return basis from other crafters or independent stores. Has anyone ever done this, or know of people that sell on a sale or return basis.

I will have space for displays of other Christmas related items, I just need to know where to find them!

Comments

• savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sounds really exciting meeruster! Just wondering if this might get a better answer on the Small Biz board.....or if anyone on Etsy has done that (but not sure if there is a forum for Etsy sellers).

Let me know if you would like me to move this thread over? ;)
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • meerustar
    meerustar Posts: 8,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi. Would be great of you could move it over to the most appropriate board, thanks.
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    No problem ;)

Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Michtay
    Options
    I think that you would find it difficult to find anyone who would be willing to supply you on a sale or return basis, especially when you don't have your own premises. What guarantees would you be able to offer suppliers?
    I think your first step would be to ask on some of the facebook crafters groups
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think you need to bite the bullet and buy in stock for this venture.

You could go to the Autumn Fair at the NEC at the beginning of September to look round and contact wholesalers. You might also find some ideas for your handmade items at the same time.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Most people won't do sale/return because what happens if all of it's stolen - will you pay for it? Or if none of their stock is sold and is returned to them grubby/bent?

Could you consider sharing the space with 1-2 others - which'd also give you a "break" if you share the working times with them.
  • Charityworker
    Options
    I might be interested in supplying you with some stuff. My etsy shop is in my profile.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure