Warning - Zeek in receivership

krakan
krakan Posts: 141 Forumite
edited 7 February 2019 at 1:08AM in Praise, vent & warnings
Firstly, apologies - I can't find the forum that jumps out as being the most appropriate for this... MODS - by all means please find a better home if there is one but a warning of some sort

BUT - Martin has championed Zeek on a number of occasions and I think this is important. I'm not stating professional opinion here, this is just what I know for certain to be true:

1) Zeek have fallen well behind in paying people who have sold vouchers though the site/app
2) Zeek have sent two emails promising payments and blaming issues with the bank. One implied the problem had been overcome and payments had been sent - this was not true.
3) Zeek have stopped responding to emails
4) This article, and others that led up to it, suggest that Zeek's Israeli HQ is in, or is going in to receivership, owing a lot of money (a lot more than they can pay.)

https://www.calcalistech.com/ctech/articles/0,7340,L-3755547,00.html

5) I am owed money that should have been paid two weeks ago. I am in contact with other sellers who have also not been paid and are not getting replies to emails.

I'm not going to say for certainty that they're bust, or that they're knowingly trading while insolvent but I will say that I think anyone selling anything would be insane and I urge anyone thinking of doing so to think twice.

If you have credit (payouts from Quidco for example, or from selling on the App) then I'd urge using it right away.

If you have vouchers in your 'wallet' then copy the details somewhere safe in case the App stops working without warning.

If anyone is affected by this and either wants to know more or has more to share, please post or PM me.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport