IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Advice needed please

Options
Good morning,

I have recently been given a parking fine in a private car park. I am sure I paid for a parking ticket but cannot find the proof as I have changed banks twice since the date in question and can no longer retrieve my bank statements.

My question is, does a private car park have to notify you of a fine within a set time limit? The date the incident happened was on the 30th August of this year and I have only recieved a letter yestersay asking me to pay (27th Oct). Thats a 2 month gap!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Danny

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It’s not a ‘fine’. It’s a speculative invoice asking you to send money.

Did you have a windscreen ticket initially, followed by the letter through the post, or is the letter the first time you’ve heard about this?

Which parking company please?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It is not a fine.

You should edit your post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver, The Keeper, or Occupants of the vehicle. Parking companies read these fora.

Then, please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES that was at the top of the page before you started this thread. It answers your questions and tells you how to appeal.

Meanwhile, what is the name of the parking company please, as that will determine which appeal template you should use from the NEWBIES?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Dannymoon
    Options
    Hi,

Sorry I dont know what I have done wrong in my post! So cant work out what i need to remove! The company is called Park Jockey.

There was no sticker to put in the windscreen. It was a pay machine where you had to call a phone number and quote the number of the machine and pay over the phone.

Sorry if I have made some kind of mistake. I will read through newbie thread now.

Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    edited 2 November 2017 at 8:50AM
    Options
    The company is called Park Jockey.
    Are you in the USA?

That’s the only ‘Park Jockey’ company I can find via Google. I’ve never previously heard of them.

https://www.paybyphone.co.uk/about/news/parkjockey
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,036 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dannymoon wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry I dont know what I have done wrong in my post! So cant work out what i need to remove! The company is called Park Jockey.

There was no sticker to put in the windscreen. It was a pay machine where you had to call a phone number and quote the number of the machine and pay over the phone.

Sorry if I have made some kind of mistake. I will read through newbie thread now.

Thanks

Fruitcake told you what you need to alter!!!
  • Dannymoon
    Options
    I thought it was Park Jockey but the letter I have recieved is from a company called 'Highview Parking'. I am in the UK.
  • Dannymoon
    Options
    Wow this forum is hostile.

Thank you for your time. But I will go another route.

Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Options

Thanks

I’ve tried to help you, but you do seem ever so sensitive.

Plenty of other people to help. Bye...

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,036 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Thanks

What do you mean hostile no one has been hostile! You will get help on here but you need to do things yourself, if you think this is hostile you will fold when you start getting the next load of letters from the scammers and debt collectors!

Highview are useless Muppets anyay.

This IS the best route for help, why not man up and start again!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Shame. FWIW parkjockey is the company to whom credit card payments are processed at ticket machines operated at sites like Birmingham NIA or whatever they're now calling it.

The PPC issuing and processing tickets can, of course, be different. As parkjockey are merely processing the payment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure