PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2018 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    LiveSimply wrote: »
    Hi, I hope you don't mind me butting in but does anyone use Ziffit?

Yes - I've used it lots over the past few years. Cashback is also available too :) I find it better than Mus1c Magp1e.
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    This thread must be catching...He Who Knows is this morning going through the drawers of his desk in the study and his book case like a dose of salts! shedding anything he thinks he has no need for any longer, magic, thanks guys!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well it is called the life changing magic of tidying

Tho my filing cabinet has still not magically disappeared...
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well yes BUT it IS He Who Knows??? it's more than magic, it's miraculous!
  • PollyWollyDoodle
    Options
    It's Kondosmosis.

Nothing happening at home, but I visited my elderly friend yesterday. She's quite on the ball with paying bills etc, but most of her payments are set up as direct debits, and when she gets a statement she just puts it in a pile with various others. Last week she allowed me to corral some of these into groups, throwing out the envelopes.

Yesterday I took her some plastic folders, labelled with 'utility bills' 'receipts' and so on. Then I asked if I could tackle another pile. Online shopping receipts, interleaved with bank statements, going back to 2010! :eek: I now have two carrier bags of shredding, and you can see the top of her dresser ...
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :) Well done for your friend, PWD. And I love the word kondomosis.

Been to the lottie for 30 mins. It is ridiculously hot here, still in the middle twenties. My runner beans are pretty much a write-off, pretty disappointing. Ach well, it's a proper drought, bound to be some casualties.

I brought down the last of the glass fragments (or the last until I do some more digging and heave more out of the soil). They're soaking in soapy water and will be washed, dried and bottle-banked.

I am assembling a pile of dried weeds, stems etc and it is already taller than I am, and I'm nearly six feet tall. I feel the fingers twitch towards the matches, but the burn-ban doesn't come off until Oct 1st. Gonna be a big 'un this year, mwah ha ha!
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi GQ,

I'm wondering why you are cleaning the glass fragments? We can put dirty glass in the recycling bin (official instructions....).

We were supposed to go camping tonught, but husband was stuck in an immense traffic jam and we would not be able to make it to the campsite before dark. We are now leaving early tomorrow morning, to put up the tent early, as I want to do a tour of the area on Saturday and Sunday. Husband is leaving Sunday evening and returning Monday a week later. DDs and I will not have a car that week, but plenty to do on-site and village is in walking distance.

Weirdly enough the weather forecast is 'tropical' until Friday, followed by 'autumnal' the 10 days after: 20c and rain!
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 August 2018 at 7:42PM
    Options
    :) Hi Siebrie, my region specifies that recyclables be clean and dry, so I comply. Not much of a task, did it before work.

Only another 48 hrs until the monstrous CRT monitor from the dead computer is outta here (my Dad will be taking it for the tip for me), it weighs 21 kilos and is a bit much to handle on the pushbike.

I will also be sending some bits and bobs over to the 'rents which will be books I've read and to share and then donate and a few things which will be gifts at Xmas/birthdays. Being without my own transport other than a pusbike concentrates the mind wonderfully.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Redlady.....
    Options
    It seems ages since you've been to your friends antique shop GQ, or have I missed it?

I love hearing about your finds there anyway, but you're such a good writer it always raises a smile, as well as being an interesting read.
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It seems ages since you've been to your friends antique shop GQ, or have I missed it?

I love hearing about your finds there anyway, but you're such a good writer it always raises a smile, as well as being an interesting read.

Yep, as above ^^^

Well today I have done a big clear out of e-docs and emails from my tablet. What brought this on? I couldn't find my saved e-tickets for forthcoming flight! So files now in better shape and many downloads now deleted. Managed to log in to airline booking to get copy tkt. Phew!
    I always print e-tkts as soon as booked and file them in a dedicated space in my home office (AKA the multipurpose back bedroom!:rotfl: ) but I simply could not find it.

One thing led to another and i checked various other online bookings and accounts and input the latest utility meter readings. I have been at it since before 8am. I do feel like a weight is off my mind though because A LOT has been sorted out.

I did make an early start and have only just stopped for a brew so I am still in my dressing gown for flips sake!
    Breakfast shall be had (brunch?!) and then I am scarpering outside for the rest of the day.

I love the sunshine :D

Have a good day Everyone!

BTW, I shall carry on kondo-ing outside, as i plan on sitting and reading 3 back copies of weekly mag that will be passed on afterwards :)
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport