M&S Switch Bonus

Options
13»

Comments

• PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have accounts with HSBC, First Direct and M&S Bank so it's definitely possible - but as previously discussed the HSBC group are known to be a bit picky over who they accept, with FD being the worst of the lot in that respect. I generally advocate against lying on bank application forms, but if the question is phrased in such a way to say "what do you intend to use this account for" then if were to answer as your main account but then don't actually end up using it that way, you could at least argue that your intentions changed after you opened the account...
  • dcs34
    dcs34 Posts: 536 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sadly was rejected for this as well, the reason given was not meeting their criteria through their credit rating check which I queried as my score with their three providers is quite high across the board, but sadly they couldn't clarify it any further. Wonder if opening a credit card with them first prior to the application for the current count might be beneficial, or will submitting too many applications so close together hamper my chances?
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    Still getting the 888 error. Now being told that means the server isn't available!

Looks like I'm going to have to give up on this one just as I did with FD and HSBC. Seems a shame not being able to get the benefits, having opened the accounts, but if they make registering for online banking so difficult, I'm not inclined to operate an account without it. :(
    Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK
  • snowqueen555
    snowqueen555 Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When and where are you getting the error ? I tried to apply yesterday but it was down, I was able to apply today. Have you tried another browser?
  • snowqueen555
    snowqueen555 Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Declined a second time!

Are they able to see how many accounts you have, and how recently you opened them?
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Declined a second time!

Are they able to see how many accounts you have, and how recently you opened them?

You need to wait 6 months before they'll consider another application, following a decline. That's what they said to me in 2014. Took me 3 attempts after waiting 6 months each time to get accepted.
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    Accepted and sent me a cheque book, but I can't get online. :(

Still never mind they paid me £50 compensation, so I'll just use the account as my next switch donor. ;)

Now I wonder if Lloyds will sort out their database problem? Seems they still have my old online records despite not having banked with them for some years and it won't let me register for online banking. :( Perhaps I can get another £50, if not the full £125 switch bonus?
    Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport