M&S Switch Bonus

Options

Comments

• snowqueen555
    snowqueen555 Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My application got denied, what a bummer!

Would've been a nice bit extra for Christmas.

I've only been denied from First before.

I'm getting a letter to let me know the reasons.

I think I need to get an overdraft facility when I apply, I said I'd use the account for savings.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm getting a letter to let me know the reasons.
    It will simply say "you didn't meet our criteria".
    I said I'd use the account for savings.
    You applied for a current account that pays no interest and said the main purpose was for savings!?
  • snowqueen555
    snowqueen555 Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It will simply say "you didn't meet our criteria".You applied for a current account that pays no interest and said the main purpose was for savings!?

They do a regular saver ;) ?

Always worked before :D
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They do a regular saver ;) ?

Always worked before :D
    Hasn't worked twice here. Maybe next time say "bills" or something else you'd use a CURRENT account for?
  • keef-WhatStandards
    Options
    Anyone else had the dreaded 888 error when trying to register that calcultor thing they send you?

Online chat said it was my browser (Safari), but got the same with Samsung and Chrome browsers. Why do banks blame the browser? Surely they should code to allow use of any browser?
    Keef - Sheerness, Kent UK
  • 20SmthngSver
    Options
    Yeah, had no issues at all.
  • stehouk
    stehouk Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 October 2019 at 11:15AM
    Options
    In the past when iv'e applied for first direct and m&s i didn't meet their criteria when i stated it wasn't going to be my main account and no salary would be paid in, when i applied a second time for both i said it would be my main account and a salary would be paid in and hey presto i was approved for the accounts.
    I changed my mind after opening the accounts and didn't pay in a salary or use them as my main account.
  • snowqueen555
    Options
    stehouk wrote: »
    In the past when iv'e applied for first direct and m&s i didn't meet their criteria when i stated it wasn't going to be my main account and no salary would be paid in, when i applied a second time for both i said it would be my main account and a salary would be paid in and hey presto i was approved for the accounts.
    I changed my mind after opening the accounts and didn't pay in a salary or use them as my main account.

I will try this. I initially thought I was declined by First and M&S because they are both affiliated with HSBC and I already have an HSBC account.
  • snowqueen555
    Options
    Been declined by First again, despite saying I would be paying my salary into it etc. I really do think having an HSBC account blocks me. I have not been declined for the other numerous accounts I have applied for.

I am not expecting a positive result from M&S.
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Been declined by First again, despite saying I would be paying my salary into it etc. I really do think having an HSBC account blocks me. I have not been declined for the other numerous accounts I have applied for.

I am not expecting a positive result from M&S.

First Direct are notoriously choosy. I wouldn't sweat it. It has nothing to do with you having an account with HSBC, people can and do have accounts with both brands.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family