Ebay Shutl/Hermes 'Admin charge'

Options
Please could someone advise?

I sent a parcel and printed a Hermes label through ebay shutl.
The parcel was 1.6kg, 34cm x 32cm x 11cm.

I have photos proving the weight and measurements.

My latest shutl invoice has arrived and they have included a £2.50 'Admin charge', I have queried this on the Shutl website chat, they said -

"I can confirm that the couriers do weigh and measure parcels as they are travelling through the couriers network. Your parcel under tracking number xxxxxxxxxxxx was measured at 44.6 x 41.9 x 11.6. As this exceeds the measurements of 45.0 x 35.0 x 16.0 CM that were selected at the time of generating your label, an additional charge has been added to your invoice."

I told them I had evidence that this is wrong, but they just said -

"The charge will not be removed, We do apologise for any inconvenience caused. The couriers measurements are final as per our terms and conditions".

Is there anything more I can do to get this charge removed?
I Hate Jobsworths!!!

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    Options
    Tell them you are disputing it and ask to see their evidence the parcel was oversize/weight.

I have stopped using Shutl because of this but the last time I used them I had 2 admin charges and refused to pay taking this stance. They did back down.
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tell them you are disputing it and ask to see their evidence the parcel was oversize/weight.

I have stopped using Shutl because of this but the last time I used them I had 2 admin charges and refused to pay taking this stance. They did back down.
    I did ask them, but they said "We do not get supplied images from the courier. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused."
    I then said I have evidence it's wrong and they said the charge won't be removed.

I have used Shutl for ages and this is the first time I've had a problem. I only use them for heavier items between 1-2kg.

I have the shutl payments automatically set up to come out of paypal, can I cancel this at all and then just pay them somehow but deduct £2.50?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    That's certainly not the response I had from them. Have you tried to have it referred to a supervisor and include the photo you have? Perhaps try them on social media if they are on it.

The only thing you could do is cancel your Paypal agreement with Shutl and wait for the bill and tell them you are disputing the admin fees. I don't know what they have in terms of secondary CS. as I've never needed to use it.

Edit, I see they are on twitter and FB. I would post your image/evidence and ask them why it was rendered an admin fee.
  • fuzzgun19
    Options
    That's certainly not the response I had from them. Have you tried to have it referred to a supervisor and include the photo you have? Perhaps try them on social media if they are on it.

The only thing you could do is cancel your Paypal agreement with Shutl and wait for the bill and tell them you are disputing the admin fees. I don't know what they have in terms of secondary CS. as I've never needed to use it.

Edit, I see they are on twitter and FB. I would post your image/evidence and ask them why it was rendered an admin fee.
    Thank you. I have sent them an email attaching the photo evidence. Maybe it is that their chat assistant's couldn't care less and just fob people off.
    I'm in two minds whether to just cancel the paypal regular payment to shutl now, or wait for a response to the email.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    I would cancel now, you can always reinstate it when they invoice you, you don't want to forget about it.
  • fuzzgun19
    Options
    I would cancel now, you can always reinstate it when they invoice you, you don't want to forget about it.

They invoiced me yesterday, that’s how I saw the charge.
    Maybe I should just try a one off payment in the invoice but see if it’ll let me change the amount, if yes then cancel the regular payment after.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    They invoiced me yesterday, that’s how I saw the charge.
    Maybe I should just try a one off payment in the invoice but see if it’ll let me change the amount, if yes then cancel the regular payment after.

From memory you don't get the option to change the amount. If you do try it may be helpful to anyone else in the same situation as to how you managed to part pay.
  • fuzzgun19
    Options
    Thanks. Just tried and no it wouldn’t let me alter the amount.
    I’ve cancelled all shutl regular payments in my PayPal, so I’ll see what they come back with.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Have you thought of opening a case in Resolver? It might be worth a try.
  • fuzzgun19
    Options
    janb5 wrote: »
    Have you thought of opening a case in Resolver? It might be worth a try.

What’s Resolver.. Is it something within Shutl?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport