IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPS (North West) - Lancaster

Options
Hi

Have read the Newbies thread and am ‘registering’ myself prior to what may be the next stage.
Unfortunately my child was driving and took upon themselves to deal with the problem (bless them) thereby identifying themselves to UKPS (North West) as the driver in the process of appealing.
The appeal was ‘fluttering ticket’ : it had turned over and was visible in the photo provided by UKPS along with serial number, so parking had been paid for. Am awaiting copy of letter sent by child and photos of signage etc. But having read newbies it appears pointless appealing to IPC
I assume I/ the child now await a deluge of debt collection letters which we record, keep and wait to see if it proceeds to court?
All links to details about UKPS(Nort West) pointto a dead end replaced by Parking Cowboysthat have no info: is the assumption still that they rarely proceed to litigation?
BTW: not sure if of interest but PCN code was 12: hand written ‘couldn’t validate ticket’ -don’t know if that helps or hinders your case.....

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    if the driver is known by the PPC then the PPC has 6 years to try a court case, these are more common in the last 2 years since the beavis case

UKPS will probably appoint debt collectors and/or solicitors to chase this up and to send alleged debt letters out , these can be ignored

if the DRIVER receives a formal LBC or an MCOL in the post within the 6 year timeframe, they need to deal with it, see post #2 of the NEWBIES thread for that (post #5 for acronyms)

I would tell THE DRIVER to send UKPS a SAR to their DPO contact and get all their evidence including NTK, pictures, docs, signage and landowner contract etc

they may refuse some of it, but as the souts say "be prepared"
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    Options
    where did this dastardly deed take place ? retail park , doctors , gym ? ....

complain loudly to the retailer / landlord .... they can cancel it

Ralph:cool:
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    It is the will of Parliament that these scammers be put out of business. Hopefully that will take place in the near future. The Bill has passed through the HOC without hitch, and goes to the Lords soon. In the meantime involve your MP, the poor dears are buckling under the weight of complaints about these scammers. Read this one which I wrote earlier

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers.

Sir Greg Knight's Private Members Bill to curb the excesses, and perhaps close down, some of these companies passed its Third Reading in late November, and, with a fair wind, will become Law next year.

All three readings are available to watch on the internet, (some 6-7 hours), and published in Hansard. MPs have an extremely low opinion of the industry. Many are complaining that they are becoming overwhelmed by complaints from members of the public. Add to their burden, complain in the most robust terms about the scammers.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Thefather
    Options
    Owner of site difficult to ascertain: Kings Yard Lancaster, seems to belong to an estate so quite difficult to find a person to communicate with
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,828 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Google Street View shows a sign in the car park dated August 2018.

It indicates that the landowner might be Hay Carr Estates Limited.

According to Companies House, Hay Carr Estates Limited changed it's name to M Capital Investment Properties Limited in July 2014.

Can anything be made of that sign having a landowner's name four years out of date? I don't know.

There's an address on that Companies House webpage.
  • Thefather
    Options
    Investment firms not known for caring greatly about the little people! Probably shareholders of the parking company!!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,828 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's ok. You're welcome.
  • Thefather
    Options
    🙏 thank you
  • Thefather
    Options
    I’m having an uphill battle with the young ‘un. Having explained the situation the threat of 6 years sitting over them is proving to be difficult to accept. But then they did take it on themselves to deal with it in the first place ��!♂️
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    Options
    tell them that they will not be able to get a new phone after a credit check ...

if .... if a CCJ is for coming

might just work ;)

Ralph:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills