The next chapter ....

Options

Comments

• benbenandme
    benbenandme Posts: 12,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Morning, thanks Florence :) Ds did some homework but we've realised that a couple of bits he'd done and saved on his computer have been lost as the hard-drive has gone to the big cloud in the sky so they will need to be redone :(

The oven repair / clean man has arrived and is merrily doing his thing in the kitchen, we have to go to the dentist at 11.50 this morning and I also need to nip to B&Q for a couple of bits on the way back.

Not sure what else the day will bring just yet, bring it on and let's see :D
    Mortgage Total: £55,900 / £75,000
    2024 Savings: £2532
  • benbenandme
    Options
    We went to the dentist and ds wobbly tooth promptly decided to fall out while he was in the chair :D Other than that it was the normal in and out in 30 seconds check-up ;)

We went to Asda and got some bits (£37) and then picked up a new cupboard door for the kitchen in B&Q, but now its home I can see the colour doesn't match :(

I also went to Lakeland and got oven liners as the man did the oven this morning and they look brand new again :T
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Another very productive day - Mr S finished early today so came round to help me finish off some jobs. We have crossed most things off the to do list, there are only a handful of jobs left to do :D

I also emailed the freeholder earlier in the week as we have communal areas that are in need of maintenance, so I asked if he knew when they were likely to be done. I received a reply today which didn't mention the work at all but just said please can I let him know the estate agents recommended asking price. Now I'm not sure what to make of that - he owns a huge amount of property locally, I presume h rents a lot of it out so I'm hoping he may want to buy it for that purpose (before I sign up with an estate agent) but my sister reckons he may be looking at selling some of his other properties and is just interested as a comparison. Hmm, we'll see but it could be wonderful if my hopes are right :D

Spends today are just £41 for a tank of petrol (was on fumes) and £25 on beer for Mr S as a thank you - he wouldn't let me pay him so I bought beer and we've got a weekend away booked for a couple of weeks time that I've already paid for.

Tomorrow I have my best mate coming round as we have some PTA work to do for school, I may also ring a couple of estate agents and get them round for a valuation tomorrow too, then I can (a) let the freeholder know and then (b) decide which to go with over the weekend.
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Well today a couple of bits of good news;

(1) Having emailed the freeeholder about the railings etc the maintainence man arrived this morning and has begun work on them so they should be looking good again soon :T

(2) I got the first estate agent round today and he has valued the flat at £179,950 :j :j I was expecting about £160-£165 so am chuffed to bits with this :D He did suggest I sort out the velux windows that have blown, I already have a quote for this (£375) so have emailed them to ask them to book the work in. I have a second estate agent coming on monday for a valuation but then I can get on and be on the market soon :D

Other than that I have done my PTA stuff with my friend, and taken ds to get his haircut (£7). No other spends today :)
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Morning all, had a fab day out yesterday watching Bournemouth beat Villa :T :T Lots of driving involved though so was shattered when we got home and still feel a bit tired this morning. Never mind, we're staying in the premier league :D:D

While we were out I had my new carpets fitted, they are just a shade darker than the old ones (beige) and so this morning I now need to hoover them and then put everything back where it should be as at the moment its all piled in the kitchen :o

Other than that its mainly a watching footie day today, getting ready to go back to work tomorrow :(
  • benbenandme
    edited 10 April 2016 at 10:55AM
    Options
    So bath is done and I'm feeling clean and sparkly again :) Everything has been returned to its rightful place, carpets hoovered and its looking lovely and feels really calm :)

List for the rest of today:
    • Clear all surveys
    • Tesco shopping order
    • School stuff
    • Cook roast dinner
    • Update banking stuff
    • Watch super sunday on sky :)
    • Tax credits form
    • Ironing
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have a great day today, well down to Bournemouth. Bristol had a good day yesterday too.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • benbenandme
    Options
    Thanks Florence, can I ask - in your signature, your wombling total - which supermarket do you womble at? One disadvantage of online shopping I guess is I never get to womble :D
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I shop where i can get the best deal, but i will be honest most of the wombling total has come from free items/gifts/presents that were unexpected rather than super markets.

I shop at tescos primarily because it's the nearest to me, sainsbury's when i have to, and aldi and lidl when i am able to.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • benbenandme
    Options
    I've done of the bits on my list but not all -
    [STRIKE]Clear all surveys[/STRIKE] done
    [STRIKE]Tesco shopping order[/STRIKE] done
    School stuff
    [STRIKE]Cook roast dinner[/STRIKE] done
    Update banking stuff
    [STRIKE]Watch super sunday on sky [/STRIKE] done
    Tax credits form
    [STRIKE]Ironing[/STRIKE] done

The rest of this evening will be spent working on the remaining bits and an early night :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family