Swagbucking into 2017

Options

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 March 2017 at 9:36PM
    Options
    I've just got 100 for searching for China tea sets!! Had to look twice,- thought it said 10.

Didn't think you could get more than 20 for a search:D

Will make up for not getting any surveys for the last couple of days.

According to SB
    You can win multiple SB every day. Every search is a chance to win! SB can be won in denominations ranging from 1 - 1,000. Remember, winning is random!

(I've had 100 a few times but never more than that - but still over 2,000 since 01/12/16)
  • snowy79
    snowy79 Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    I think the most i have got on a search is about 20SB, never knew you could get 1000! Wonder how often that happens.

Does anyone ever get SB from installing apps on their phone? Like the app a day one or installing a game and opening it? I have tried a few but they never credit. Not sure what i am doing wrong? Also if it doesnt credit, how can you prove that you installed it when raising a ticket? :)
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 5 March 2017 at 8:50PM
    Options
    Hi all,

It's a bad day today, but this offer credited instantly for me on AdGate, even with an adblocker installed and ahem fake info. HTH

Ariel Tester
    Ariel Tester
    +20SB
    Description: Get & Test NEW biological ARIEL tabs! Confirms Instantly.

Requirements: Register with valid information. Fake information will not be credited.

That helped me limp to target with the apps. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening :D
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• sonicology
    sonicology Posts: 180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    According to SB "Every search is a chance to win! Remember, winning is random!"
    Yeah I'm calling BS on that, or the "every search" part at least (I do believe that winning is random).

Seems that there's a time limit between wins or a minimum number of searches or something before you can trigger a win; I've never had a search win and then another straight after, which if it were truly random on every search the odds are I would have had several times by now.

Didn't mean to appear as though I was calling you out by the way; I appreciate your post, it's Swagbucks wording I take issue with.
  • Scarlett
    Scarlett Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sonicology wrote: »
    Yeah I'm calling BS on that, or the "every search" part at least (I do believe that winning is random).

Seems that there's a time limit between wins or a minimum number of searches or something before you can trigger a win; I've never had a search win and then another straight after, which if it were truly random on every search the odds are I would have had several times by now.

Didn't mean to appear as though I was calling you out by the way; I appreciate your post, it's Swagbucks wording I take issue with.

I agree! I noticed that everyone was complaining about not having any search wins the other day and then all of a sudden, everyone seemed to get one at about the same time (including me, but I didn't post). I don't think it's as random as they are making out.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Scarlett wrote: »
    I agree! I noticed that everyone was complaining about not having any search wins the other day and then all of a sudden, everyone seemed to get one at about the same time (including me, but I didn't post). I don't think it's as random as they are making out.

Would explain why we can sometimes get search wins from other peoples posted search terms!
  • emg
    emg Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, I just got a 4 SB search win, time to test the theory?
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 2,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    emg wrote: »
    Not exactly conclusive, took 4 or 5 searches to get 4sb, I'd already done at least that many before!
  • Merlot1975
    Merlot1975 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    emg wrote: »

Funny enough, I just got a 4SB search win too :)
    SB + Survey earnings 2017 = £670.25
    2018 = £414
  • Jenna_Appleseed
    Options
    Scarlett wrote: »
    Just got screened out of a survey because I hadn't spent over £2,500 on luxury products over the last twelve months (the lowest option). Am I wrong in thinking that anyone who spends over £2,500 on luxury products in a year probably wouldn't be filling out online surveys for a few pence a throw??

Hmmm maybe they are though... maybe that's how they've got so much spare cash to splash!

:D

or they're desperately doing swagbucks surveys to try and pay off their credit card bills :eek:
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family