IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Name the driver - reset the clock?

Options

Comments

• Upsidedowner
    Upsidedowner Posts: 23 Forumite
    edited 27 March 2018 at 4:26PM
    Options
    Apologies - I've just re-read and found this:

A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered (and so ;given; for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4)) on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose ; means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales.

Which I think means their dates are out by a day.
    Actually 3/4 days as they issued on a Friday - so I exclude the Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th.

Hope that's the case - I think Ive answered my own question.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, they are of course out by a day
    They have to specify date given, not one day after date issued. This means they have not complied with POFA and cannot hold the keeper liable

This of course does not mean the driver isnt liable, but the keeper cannot be.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    They are more than a day out, the real timeline runs from the day after a NTK is served, which is later than you are calculating. Could be anything between 2 days and a week out.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Upsidedowner
    Options
    Yup! Thank you - Think I have my head round it now. Just putting together a deliciously stroppy response to break the good news to them.
  • Upsidedowner
    Upsidedowner Posts: 23 Forumite
    edited 22 April 2018 at 9:21PM
    Options
    A claim has now been issued by Excel. I've acknowledged service and got my extra time to prepare the defence. I'm working my way through that.

I have a question - on the same site where this ticket was issued. A marked police car has been given a PCN (attending a call on the site) he is appealing the ticket and tweeted about it. ' #AnprIsntAlwaysGreat..' .................. It made local press. Is their any mileage in bringing it to the attention of the judge? (defence or witness statement if more appropriate?) Or complete waste of time/irrelevant ?

(Our local MP has mentioned her backing for the new regulations being discussed in parliament too)

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/15804805.Police_car_slapped_with___100_parking_fine___officer_was_trying_to_find_suspected_self_harmer/
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    A marked police car has been given a PCN (attending a call on the site) he is appealing the ticket and tweeted about it. '
    And you just know that the IAS s going to turn down any appeal. Hopefully another nail in their coffin - set in the context of Sir Greg Knight!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Upsidedowner
    Options
    I just love the address 'Durham Constabulary' ..... and the fact no one thought not to send it out ..... (head meets desk).
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A claim has now been issued by Excel. I've acknowledged service and got my extra time to prepare the defence. I'm working my way through that.

I have a question - on the same site where this ticket was issued. A marked police car has been given a PCN (attending a call on the site) he is appealing the ticket and tweeted about it. ' #AnprIsntAlwaysGreat..' .................. It made local press. Is their any mileage in bringing it to the attention of the judge? (defence or witness statement if more appropriate?) Or complete waste of time/irrelevant ?

(Our local MP has mentioned her backing for the new regulations being discussed in parliament too)

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/15804805.Police_car_slapped_with___100_parking_fine___officer_was_trying_to_find_suspected_self_harmer/

UNREAL ...... EXCEL really are a bunch of uncouth
    w**k*rs ... mentality of a complete moron
  • Rumpole93
    Rumpole93 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I'm getting that way. Feel like I'm being hounded!!!!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Yes mention it in your WS and put the newspaper report in as evidence along with everything else.

There are recent ANPR defences on here that deal with the ICO issue as well, the fact that PPCs do not comply with the ICO code of practice on ANPR use, and fail to tell victims about their right to subject access and fail to carry out Impact Assessments (making the operation illegal):

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/News/excessive-use-of-anpr-cameras-for-enforcement

The ICO said (ironically when banning a Police Constabulary from using ANPR):

''The use of ANPR cameras and other forms of surveillance must be proportionate to the problem it is trying to address.''

Here is what they should do:

https://ico.org.uk/media/for-organisations/documents/1542/cctv-code-of-practice.pdf

Anyway, you can find a pre-written defence point covering that, using keywords ICO ANPR defence or similar.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure