LonelyRat's (not so lonely) Road to Riches

Options

Comments

• lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Haha Silverqueen I fear that's exactly what I would do... I remember writing notes at Uni and if I spelt anything wrong I would get frustrated and rip everything out then start again! I feel it would be much the same with a bullet journal....
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • Silver_Queen
    Silver_Queen Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    Honestly I sometimes think we're the same person !!!128514;
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    We may just be haha!

Accidentally managed 11,064 steps today :cool: Got home from work and OH wanted to go to Asda so we walked there which was really nice. I can feel myself getting a little bit fitter, especially when tackling hills. Just need to keep going! Weigh in day tomorrow and I've been keeping to my diet so fingers crossed I'll have lost about a kilo.

Work tomorrow but am hoping will be quite quiet. Tried so hard to get someone to give me their bank holiday shift but no takers so am off Sunday and Monday. Brought it up to my manager and he's going to escalate it as I haven't been scheduled to work any, which isn't how it's meant to work. It won't exactly solve anything but at least they can know I'm a bit peed off with it.

Organised the kitchen cupboard and the fridge today and OH did a big shop and has food for himself for about 2 weeks (maybe three at a push) so feeling happy. Means I won't need to buy anything for a while, which is good as I'm skint!

OH onboard with movie day on Sunday so quite excited. He got us some popcorn and a couple of new candles (I'm such an addict!)

13 days till payday :o
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    Woke up today feeling really great. Not entirely sure why, but I'm not going to question it :o

It looks gloriously sunny outside (finally) so eating some cereal in bed then going to go a walk. Managed 10,000 yesterday so am feeling quite proud. If I do another 10 today then that's 6/ 7 days and I was only aiming for 3 a week.

2 weeks alcohol free today and it's feeling really, really good :cool: My skins cleared up and I have loads of energy. I also love waking up in the morning rather than lunchtime on my days off :o I just feel so much more happy when I can get loads done before mid-day.

Today's plans had been to have a duvet day and attempt to watch:
    - Captain America: The First Avenger
    - The Avengers
    - Thor: Dark World
    - Avengers: Age of Ultron
    - Captain America: Civil War
    - Doctor Strange
    - Thor: Ragnarok

HOWEVER... It's sunny and I feel like curling up in front of the TV may be a bit of a waste. So I think the new plan is to make the most of the sun and then watch 2 movies tonight and then as many more as possible tomorrow :) OH won't know what hit him!

Going to go and liberally apply suncream now... Will check in again later :o
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    10,974 :cool: Just had a shower now trying to wake OH up... I want to get a little barbecue from Asda and make the most of the sun. Who knows when it'll be back again?!
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    Had a very lovely day :) Woke OH up after my walk and we went and got a little £2 barbecue. I also may have gone a bit crazy and got a lounger.... It was £20 and I feel like it was very much an impulse purchase. I'm not even sure I regret it though? I had an amazing time sitting in it reading my book and will do so again tomorrow. Just need to hope and pray I get £20 worth of sunny days!

OH had some chicken wings and hot dogs and I had some corn on the cob, halloumi and quorn sausages. Very tasty but we did manage to burn everything on one side :o I wanted to indulge but also tried not to go too crazy as am counting calories somewhat religiously :rotfl:. Came in just under my daily limit though so not too bad.

That's spending done for this month as I am now down to my last £8.74 (plus some change in my purse). Will be OK though as there is nothing I need to buy between now and payday (only 12 days away).

Going to slather myself in after sun then get in bed as am totally shattered :o

102 days
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    Lovely day in the sun again. Managed 15,605 steps in the morning then spent the afternoon alternating between reading my book in the sun and housework. Did two loads of laundry and pegged them out and gave the kitchen a thorough clean/ tidy.

Just set out my work clothes for tomorrow and getting in bed now to wind down. Feeling crummy about work tomorrow. I had such a bad day on Saturday and I just don't feel like I have the energy to deal with people. Will keep my chin up and hope for a good day.

Meeting old flatmate tomorrow after work so may go for lunch or (if the weather is nice) go to the park. Then meeting her partner when he finishes work and going to see the Avengers. Will need to remember to buy my ticket during a break at work so I get my discount. I have a confession.... I watched none of the films I had planned to :rotfl: The weather was just too nice, I really couldn't justify being inside.

Managed to remain alcohol free despite the lovely weather so feeling very proud. I was worried I would cave (as I often seem to do) but I didn't. So now I know I can handle good weather without drinking.. Next thing to tackle will be social functions :eek:

101 days
  • Lucifa73
    Lucifa73 Posts: 7,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed your weekend. Did you watch any Marvel films in the end?

Also excited to note that tomorrow you will be in 2 digits to debt free!
    26.2.19/14.1.19: T MC 3629.26/3629.26 : VM 0% 1050/13876.59 : W 0% 100/1485 = 4409.26/18990.85 =25.17%
    28.1.19/28.1.19 Hubs 0% £400/£2,977 =13.44%
    SPC 2019 #073

• Silver_Queen
    Silver_Queen Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to let you know that you're currently my fitspo... every time I see how many steps you've done I feel guilty and do some more myself!

I have a feeling we're on a similar boat weight loss wise so maybe we can spur each other on!
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    Lucifa73 I didn't... I just kept putting it off :o The film was really actually really good though... Despite my lack of backstory. It has actually made me more interested in watching the other ones so may get round to it one day! 99 days :cool: I've been in double digits before so I feel a bit like a cheat, but this time I will definitely manage to clear it all by my dfd.

Oh Silver Queen haha! Thanks for that, don't think I've ever been anyones fitspo before :rotfl: I saw you did over 20,000 one day which is very impressive... I feel like we can definitely motivate each other!

On that note did 10,795 today and 15,410 yesterday :o I hadn't planned on trying to hit ten thousand on days I was working so feeling quite content with it. Off tomorrow so will definitely go on a walk but then may take Friday and Saturday off as I'm working both days.

Was talking to a friend at work and she's planning on joining the gym next door so I may join as well at some point. Am feeling OK just walking at the moment but I do think getting half an hour in the gym before work could be good. We get a discount so it's £9.99 per month which isn't too bad. I won't be joining up just yet but will consider it in July.

Yesterday was a spendy day and am ashamed to report am in the overdraft by £10 :( It isn't the end of the world but I'm annoyed at myself about it. I do have £21.30 that I had requested to cash out from Prolific to cover it but still, grr.

Met friend after work and went to a restaurant that did mexican street food which was very tasty (although probably calorific) and as if that wasn't enough we walked to the west end to get churros and ice cream... Again very tasty but not quite diet friendly. Have made up for it today though and am well under my calorie goal. Didn't drink anything though! So that's a social occasion done and dusted alcohol free.

Plans for tomorrow include returning a dress I got for a communion I have this weekend as doesn't fit properly. That will be £25 back but onto my debit card so will be a few days before I see it. I'll go a walk as well and will do a load of laundry. For once there isn't any other housework that needs doing thanks to my super productive day on Monday! Feels good but I also feel a bit at a loss as to what to do with myself again :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport