LonelyRat's (not so lonely) Road to Riches

Options

Comments

• Silver_Queen
    Silver_Queen Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    I was brought up atheist and am still atheist so I honestly have no clue :rotfl:

OH's family are catholic too so I definitely understand that minefield!
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Silver Queen hope today was OK for you! Am feeling pretty positive about tomorrow (small chat sufficiently rehearsed :cool:) but my feet are a wee bit sore as I did 13,195 steps today. Am considering flats rather than the heels but not sure. May take the flats in my handbag and see how I get on.

I hadn't planned to do my steps today but it was so sunny and lovely and wanted to take the dog a walk after work. OH came with me (and grumbled about it) and it was really nice. Doggo had lots of fun rolling around in the grass and splashing in any puddles/ mud she could find. Feel quite guilty as OH's dad took her to get a shampoo and her nails cut etc. the other day and now I've gone and got her all muddy again :o
    Just out the shower and my hairdryer has packed it in :eek: Was going to leave the hair wash until tomorrow but am now v. glad that I didn't as I can let my hair air dry tonight and sort it when I wake up.

Will need to buy a new hairdryer... Am considering cutting my hair off though. It's down to my bum at the moment and really thick so takes a good 30 minutes to dry and needs quite a heavy duty hairdryer, but I would quite like to go just above the shoulders. Would be chopping off about 16 inches so not sure if I'm brave enough. But if I were to do it I could get a super cheap hairdryer instead. Decisions, decisions. If I did cut it I think I would quite like to donate it but really don't know if the quality is good enough. It's not dyed or anything but I may have some split ends, not sure. Could always ask the hairdresser what they think maybe.. If I can get the gumption to actually go to one! No idea why the thought of being in the hairdresser is anxiety inducing :o

Went to Tesco before work this morning and their weight machine seems to be broken... It ate my 50p then powered down so I was not best pleased. After work I walked to boots in town and weighed myself there - lost 1.5 kg so feeling happy. Only another zillion to go.... :rotfl: Will now go to boots instead of Tesco as am usually working Saturdays and it's only a slight detour.

96 days
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • dustydigger
    dustydigger Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 13 May 2018 at 4:52PM
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss,Lonelyrat!:T

I have given up for the moment.I lost 4 stone (25kg) in a year,and then didnt lose anything in 3 months,turned out to be under active thyroid which slows the metabolism.And dieting slows it down too.:(
    I am taking a break for a while to stabilise and will try to be more active and keep moving more to try to improve the metabolic rate as the calories I have been eating are just enough to maintain or unfortunately gain about 1/2lb a week,which is SOOO not good ,so on with the walking shoes,possibly out with the weights(!!!!!!)
    I have stopped attending Slimming World,and I liked their scales,always about two to two and a half pounds lighter than my home scale:rotfl:.(Maybe allowing for clothing?) Now I am going to have to go by my dodgy wobbly scales,several pounds higher,unless I take a leaf out of your book and use Boots's scale. Its 2 miles away at the shopping centre so I would have to schedule shopping and weighing together,and its right in front of the shop window,everyone has to pass you going in,its a bit embarrassing.
    The scale in the city Boots (7miles away) is off in a corner at the far end of the shop,tucked away almost out of sight. I feel quite happy taking off my coat and shoes there,would feel conspicuous in our local store,which doesnt even have a stool to dump your coat on. Certainly not user friendly!
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    Dusty 4 stone is amazing and something you can be so proud of! Slowing down isn't a bad thing if it's what will help the thyroid.

I know what you mean about liking certain scales more than others :rotfl: I was going to Tesco because I wanted some stability as my scales at home aren't very good. Will not be going again though, not very stable if they stop working! The boots scales are right next to the prescription counter so if anyones waiting on anything then they can see/ hear me. No place to put jacket and bag as well, like you said - not very user friendly! Also they are so, so loud! "MEASURING YOUR WEIGHT, MEASURING YOUR BODY FAT!!!!!" ... They just shout! I swear everyone in the immediate area turns around. Very embarrassing :o

Made it through the communion after party thing and didn't drink... Felt a little out of place, especially when I saw people with wine and g & t's. I felt a wee bit jealous but then just thought about how much better I'm feeling in myself. Wore my heels in the end (they killed :rotfl:) so felt quite smart. Got home about 3 so popped the fitbit on and OH and I went for a walk. Managed 13,281 steps... Not quite planned but the weather was so lovely again so I sort of felt I had to :cool:

Just taken off my makeup and washed my face. Going to go through my skincare routine in bed and find something to watch with remaining rat. Am almost out of my toner and moisturiser so have put that on the budget for when I get paid. I feel a bit silly spending on skin care when I'm in debt but I've found a routine that seems to work for my skin (finally) and it's massively improved, no more break outs and I'm just looking healthier in general. I don't want to give that up :o

95 days debt busting to go... and 21 days alcohol free!
  • onedaysomeday
    onedaysomeday Posts: 561 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver! Uniform Washer PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    You're doing so well with your steps and weight loss and not drinking! I'm very impressed! I need to really start doing more than I am at the moment I seem to lose a couple of lbs then it goes straight back on! I weigh myself on scales at OH's that I brought but I dislike them as they keep telling me I've lost no weight and OH keeps losing weight - lucky !!!!!!!

As I'm sure you know, I totally agree with spending money on skincare stuff, I am almost out of my toner after having to spend on moisturiser last month :(
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    Aww thanks Onedaysomeday - just got to try and keep myself motivated!

Bought my dress for the communion 3 weeks ago and got it in two sizes as wasn't sure which one would fit. Tried them both on when they arrived and needed the bigger one BUT yesterday it looked too big and the smaller one fit perfectly. Felt like such a win! Still a long way to go but am feeling like I can keep it up.

Guys lose weight a lot easier than ladies so don't get too disheartened by it. I know if my OH pulls his finger out and starts eating healthily as well the weight will just fall off him and I'll still look like a lump!

Work done for the day and now just having lunch. Have houmous w/ crackerbread, olives and halloumi so a bit of a mediterranean feast. Going to get some suncream on soon and go lounge in the sun. OH still asleep but hoping he will get up soon so we can take the dog a walk. Only done 5,000 on my way to and from the station/ work so itching to get another 5 :cool:

Have made the decision I will join the gym when I get paid, with the work discount it's £9.99 a month which can be taken out the food budget :rotfl: Friend from work has joined and said it's not too busy in the mornings. She usually works the same shifts as me so I'll have someone there to keep me accountable (i'll definitely need it!) Does mean with the way the trains work that I'll potentially have to leave the house at 5.15 in the morning which I'm not too keen on.... But if I can get into a pattern then it'll be fine.

NSD today :o
    94 days
  • onedaysomeday
    onedaysomeday Posts: 561 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver! Uniform Washer PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Love love love the sound of houmous olives and halloumi yummmm :)

That's good that someone has sussed out the quiet time - I'm going to make myself drive in early as it's quiet at 6.30am than 6.30pm. Sunday is my favourite day to go as it's really quiet just after lunch time :)

Yay for the smaller dress and being able to get some sun! It's cloudy again where I am!
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    It was very tasty but meant I wasn't really ready for dinner... Potentially ate too much :o Yeah I'm glad she's gone and checked it out.. Am also glad I'll have someone with me for the first few times at least!

Seems sunny/ dry again here so quite happy... Hayfever is kicking my butt :( I feel so congested and rubbish. Just taken some anti histamines so keeping my fingers crossed they kick in soon.

Usually OH gives me a lift to the station in the morning and I walk home, but today I'm going to walk and see how long it takes as I'd like to walk in the morning more regularly.

Should be payday in 2 or 3 days so getting excited for it. Will still have little to no money for spends BUT can make a payment to the Santander card. Then there's just one more payment to go! £2800 DONE (although I did cheat a bit as £700 went on the Virgin card :o - I balance transferred it because I panicked and didn't think I could clear it all by the time the interest free period ended in September. I shouldn't have worried though :cool:).

Aims for today:
    1.10,000 steps
    2. Return ASOS dress that was too big to the PO
    3. Return New Look dress (alternative to ASOS dress but not as nice) to PO
    4. Email Easyjet about Cancelled flight in March (if they don't reply within 7 days I will write a complaint letter detailing what I need and including a stamp for them - Really not impressed it has taken more than two months to send me something. I was quite chilled about it, but now would really like my £260 back).
    5. Lounge in the sun, if sunny (this is the most important one :cool: haha!)

Have a good day everyone :o

93 days
  • Silver_Queen
    Silver_Queen Posts: 824 Forumite
    Options
    Wow Lonelyrat you are way more chill than I am! I would have lost my mind if I'd waited that long for a refund. Definitely be firm with them and make sure they respond to you! Otherwise bring a complaint with the ombudsman!
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • lonelyrat
    Options
    Yeah Silver QueenI'm starting to lose my cool a bit though :o

13,306 steps today. Was about 7,000 to/ from the station and work which is OK. Made OH come with me to take the dog a walk when I got home and he couldn't keep up with us :rotfl: Am feeling a lot fitter which is really nice... I knew I was unfit before but really hadn't clocked by how much. Am taking the stairs at the train station and at work as well and I think that's helping a wee bit too.

Did not take the dresses to the post office but will do this on my walk tomorrow morning. Sun stopped shining by the time I was out of work as well so no lounging happened (:(). Fingers firmly crossed for tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport