Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well that is a real mixed bag.
    Boo boo boo to seizure.
    Great news on frock though.
    Remember to take care of you too.
    Hope you get some sleep(says me!!!)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Nicky_Noo_Na
    Options
    Oh no! Bad news on the TC seizure but I guess the good news is they are getting much less frequent. Well done to they boys on their school reports and hope you managed a bit more sleep!
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thank you both. Beanie, I hope you got some sleep too!

No more seizures. Didn't get much more sleep but no more drama either, so happy with that. DH has had a banging headache all day and the usual sugar cravings, but he hasn't been as 'down' as he normally is. He also stayed in bed during the seizure so no further injuries to contend with either :T.

My friend took DS1 to school and collected him again for me. MiL came round this afternoon to stay with DH while I did the Easter trail with DS2 at his school. I'm thankful for such a good support network.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your DH, glad he is ok and was in bed so he didn't hurt himself.

I'm glad you have lovely people around you to help.

Take care.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I am so glad that you have a support network.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sending you positive thoughts. Well done on coping PLMBL, you're amazing X
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Trying not to get too excited but we've had what seems to be a genuine letter from an old credit card saying they supplied us with the wrong NOSIA at the time of DH's accident, so they will be refunding over £2k!! Rang them (after checking out the phone number on google to make sure it was genuine!) hoping to get more information but the department I need to speak to is closed until Monday so I have to wait until then. Really hard not to mentally divvy up the money and celebrate being debt free!).

DH is a bit better today. Snappy but ok. MiL coming round shortly as I'm off to work.

Heard on the radio that those who have to use food banks really struggle with hygiene etc and some local girls have started an initiative called bubble box. I bought and donated some shampoo. Lovely idea, people have a right to be able to feel clean, fresh and comfortable.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    OMG.. thatd be fab!!!!! Fingers and toes are crossed for you.

Agree re the shampoo, its the same for women escaping domestic violence. Towels and tampons are useful too.

Have a great weekend and phone them at 9am on Monday :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That £2k would be totally amazing PLMBL, will be watching out for updates!!

Yay to the £140 too, that might come in handy for a little treat with the Easter hols coming up xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    catching up - so much has happened.

Hope OH is on the mend and you had a good evening at work

Dancing for you with the thought of being debt free!

We have a donation box for the local food bank in our church, after reading an article about a lady using newspaper instead of ST's I always try to donate my buy one get one free, it would be my worst nightmare.

Countdown to Easter holidays begins.......
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback