Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Options

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you clear out your cookies every day, Brookside? 'Cos I ain't gettin' anything.
  • Brookside88
    Brookside88 Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Do you clear out your cookies every day, Brookside? 'Cos I ain't gettin' anything.

No, never. I'll say a little prayer to the prolific gods for you
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    Options
    No, never. I'll say a little prayer to the prolific gods for you

I've had 2. One was about computing and my experience with OS's, so I imagine I fit quite neatly into that demographic.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Brookside88
    Options
    mikep22 wrote: »
    I've had 2. One was about computing and my experience with OS's, so I imagine I fit quite neatly into that demographic.

The one about windows updates? Nice and quick for 2 quid wasn't it
  • mikep22
    Options
    The one about windows updates? Nice and quick for 2 quid wasn't it

Indeed and already approved, which takes me past the £900 barrier for Prolific. :T:beer:
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
  • Brookside88
    Options
    Indeed and already approved, which takes me past the £900 barrier for Prolific. :T:beer:

Congratulations!

Still waiting for mine to be approved. Also still waiting for the £10.82 electric shock one to be approved from last week
  • Merlin's_Beard
    Merlin's_Beard Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 2 August 2018 at 8:00PM
    Options
    Sounds like it, I would ask for clarification and if they cannot provide it suitably, I think it puts you in a strong position to further complain to Prolific. If the researcher cannot tell you the issue, then they are lacking the evidence to reject. Clearly if what you have written is gibberish (ie Lorem Ipsom) then they have a point, otherwise they are taking the mick.

If they want responses within certain parameters, they should probably make it clear from the outside. Else it is their fault their survey is badly designed.

Multiple choice... so no option to give an answer outside the defined parameters that the researcher set!

Which is what is really p****** me off... if I'd very clearly given them something that they didn't want (ie filling out a survey about sheep dip designed for someone who works on a farm when I had one summer job several decades ago) I'd say, fair enough, I really wasn't what you wanted and I knew it.

But presumably my responses used too many of the options available, and I ended up as the tail end of the bell curve that's dropped because I'm too many standard deviations away from the mean. But... you expect some data to do that! It's a good enough reason to exclude it from analysis, but not a good enough reason to say it's not real data!

I've emailed the researcher anyway, and I'll see what they say.

edit: success! A bit of back and forth with the researcher, and they've paid up.
    Start mortgage date: August 2022; Start mortgage amount: £240,999; Original mortgage free date: August 2056
    Current mortgage amount: £233.529.75
    Start student loan 2012: £29,750; current student loan: £11.400.50; OP offset fund: £750
  • Brookside88
    Options
    Anyone else find their balance is really slow to update in the new site? I got an email to say approved a good half an hour before it showed in my balance on the site. Submissions seem to take an age to be added to pending balance too
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Clothing consumption study / Part 4 (out of 8)
    Reward : £ 1.70
    Avg. Reward Per Hour : £5.10/hr
    Available Places : 132/132
    Maximum Allowed Time : 45mins
    Avg. Completion Time : 20mins
  • mikep22
    Options
    Multiple choice... so no option to give an answer outside the defined parameters that the researcher set!

Which is what is really p****** me off... if I'd very clearly given them something that they didn't want (ie filling out a survey about sheep dip designed for someone who works on a farm when I had one summer job several decades ago) I'd say, fair enough, I really wasn't what you wanted and I knew it.

But presumably my responses used too many of the options available, and I ended up as the tail end of the bell curve that's dropped because I'm too many standard deviations away from the mean. But... you expect some data to do that! It's a good enough reason to exclude it from analysis, but not a good enough reason to say it's not real data!

I've emailed the researcher anyway, and I'll see what they say.

edit: success! A bit of back and forth with the researcher, and they've paid up.

If its multiple choice then they should accept all eventualities outside of attention checks tbf...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure