IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket in My Spot - Appeal Rejected - P4Parking

Options

Comments

• MercilessKiller
    MercilessKiller Posts: 7,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you so much - appreciate that advice. It does feel like some people suggest just totally ignoring everything as they never take anyone to court. But I'll have a proper read of everything including the case quoted and see what the best action appears to be.

I must admit, I find it amusing the idea of being in court for parking in the bay i own with a valid permit, and their own system having my numberplate registered to that bay.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
    [/FONT]
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you so much - appreciate that advice. It does feel like some people suggest just totally ignoring everything as they never take anyone to court. But I'll have a proper read of everything including the case quoted and see what the best action appears to be.

I must admit, I find it amusing the idea of being in court for parking in the bay i own with a valid permit, and their own system having my numberplate registered to that bay.

People have ended up in court for an "own space" ticket, and lost because they didn't do the research we are all suggesting.

Don't get complacent.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,039 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Do you have evidence of that, they will probably deny it, or will point to the T&C's stating that permits must be on display, they are scammers after all!
  • MercilessKiller
    MercilessKiller Posts: 7,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm speaking to some other residents to see if they can recall that proof and where it was.

Thanks Fruitcake. I wont. I'll definitely ignore everything until the Letter Before Claim as people have mentioned though.
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
    - Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
    [/FONT]
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Re the Permit, you appear to attaching a huge amount of importance to it, if,as you say its your own space, and everything is as it should be, the permit is irrelevant, its nothing.
    You need to make it clear that a permit has only been displayed as a convenience/out of courtesy towards any employee on an entirely voluntary basis, as you already have pre-existing rights.
    Likewise with any signs put there by the parking company, its irrelevant as you have pre existing rights.

Stop getting worked up over if a permit is valid or not, its not required, it doesnt matter, and you or anyone else that you give permission to use your space are not accountable to some Poxy Parking Company
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You might have displayed a permit out of curtesy, but that curtesy has been abused. I would cut it in half, return it, and tell them to FRO.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,039 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As above you have displayed a permit to help their dozy muppet, not to help you, and the way it is supposed to work, and the way the BPA say it works is:

You appeal stating the facts, the PPC says sorry we made a mistake of course we should have seen your permit. We are here to help the residents not harass them we will do some re-training with our attendant.

But as they are greedy muppets only interested in your cash they just hide behind their terms and conditions, and carry on their lucrative scamming, while congratulating their staff for another one netted.

This is why the stalwarts on this forum have devised a tried and tested counter offensive against the scammers, which you need to follow.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend cutting it in half, telling them that you will no longer be displaying it etc, for the reasons stated above, and if they demand its their property, offer thm the chance to have it returned, e please supply a stamped addressed envelope for the return of unnecessary permit
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    The_Slithy_Tove Posts: 4,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    breaking contract of parking in my own registered spot?
    What "contract" would that be? Why do you think you have a contract with P4 Parking at all? Surely the only contract of note is that of your lease which determines how you can use YOUR parking space. What does it say - verbatim - about parking and your own space?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you now read the threads by hairray and Daniel san? No links, go find.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure