Subscribing to Sky for a couple of months

Options
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to take out Sky for just a couple of months during the summer. We're former subscribers but haven't had it for a few years. We still have an old Sky plus box and can buy a used Sky HD box if needed. We don't want to take a 12 month contract.

Thanks

Sam

Comments

• worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Now TV could be your answer.
  • darklight2
    darklight2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Now TV could be your answer.

Thanks for the reply. I've looked at Now TV and don't really fancy it. I'm looking to get it for live sport and there's usually a big lag with streaming.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't think you can. Sky themselves advocate Now tv for those wanting short term access.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    darklight2 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I've looked at Now TV and don't really fancy it. I'm looking to get it for live sport and there's usually a big lag with streaming.
    That kind of depends on what your broadband is like. I've never had any problems with Now TV. It is the only way you'll get Sky Sports for a couple of months.
  • darklight2
    darklight2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    That kind of depends on what your broadband is like. I've never had any problems with Now TV. It is the only way you'll get Sky Sports for a couple of months.

Thanks for the reply. The quality is good on Now TV but if you compare it to live events it's at least 1 minute behind what's actually happening. The lag is much less on satellite tv.
  • neilmcl
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. The quality is good on Now TV but if you compare it to live events it's at least 1 minute behind what's actually happening. The lag is much less on satellite tv.
    Does that matter?
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    Does that matter?

No,if you are watching it alone.

But there is nothing more annoying than watching a football match and the goalkeeper is just about to take a goal kick when somebody with a mobile phone tells you the team you hate most has just scored:mad:
  • neilmcl
    Options
    Terry98 wrote: »
    No,if you are watching it alone.

But there is nothing more annoying than watching a football match and the goalkeeper is just about to take a goal kick when somebody with a mobile phone tells you the team you hate most has just scored:mad:
    I've just checked and it's only around 30 secs, not real big deal and certainly not a reason not to get Now TV if that's your only option for short-term Sky.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to take out Sky for just a couple of months during the summer. We're former subscribers but haven't had it for a few years. We still have an old Sky plus box and can buy a used Sky HD box if needed. We don't want to take a 12 month contract.

Thanks

Sam

In essence no unless your willing to pay the hefty fees to cancel the contract after a few months.

Now TV is your answer.
  • rabialiones
    rabialiones Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    which is best now stick or now box

any recommendations please
    Nice to save.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories