The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt

Options

Comments

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have I left you all hanging! Not very good of me!

Nodule on the thyroid it appears. Still there despite being drained and still making my voice a bit raspy. Ah well. It is what it is.

Have come back from the Wilderness festival which was bloomin hot. Made some new friends and listened to some existing ones moaning and moaning and moaning a bit more. Oh ...and bought 5 books :o

Overpay on your mortgage all you can Beanie. One of the talks I went to was about how the situation at the moment is mimicking pre-WW1. Also how quick you can dismantle a car plant and relocate it to a site that already exists in what is the EU post Brexit. Put the FEAR OF GOD into me that one.

The friend I was supposed to be travelling down to the festival with didn't come so I drove down on my own. Not very money saving but bearing in mind she can spend half the journey complaining about ONE wrong turning I made, my CD of solo classical guitar playing and silence from the passenger seat was most welcome.

Awaiting news on 3 PPI claims where the company has admitted liability. :T
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope that ypu get lots more lovely PPI Butti.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Butti
    edited 19 August 2018 at 11:33PM
    Options
    Life is interesting.
    i've had a kiss on the cheek from someone in the pub tonight.
    I really like him. I hear he's split up from his wife.
    We shall see!

In other news, his friend who was standing next to him had actually seen me try to drive away from the petrol station today without paying. Bless him he didn't tell anyone. I did remember after I'd driven about 10ft!

I do have a lot on my mind. I have to go in sometime in the next 6 weeks for removal of half of my thyroid. It seems the scan and biopsy are inconclusive. So I can have removal and testing now or in 3 months. As someone whose mother died because her initial mammogram was 1-2 years too late it's a real no brainer. Having said that I hope they don't leave me with a scar like the Kergan from Highlander!
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just caught up on your diary Butti. Hope all goes well for you.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • beanielou
    Options
    Oh a wee kiss :love:

Hope all goes well.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Butti
    Options
    Want to shift the Halifax and Tesco (c. £2k) on to my 0% Santander card. Can't find the card - I think I chopped it up as I do with all my balance transfer cards. So they are sending me a replacement card so I can use it to transfer the other two cards, I will then chop it up. This seems like an amazing waste of plastic!
    48% off mortgage

• starnac
    Options
    That does seem like a waste of plastic. Is there no way they can do it without the card?
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
  • Butti
    Options
    starnac wrote: »
    That does seem like a waste of plastic. Is there no way they can do it without the card?

I wonder if there is a use for a chopped up plastic card?
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    Options
    Next time take note of the expiry date & the 3 digit number on the back & you wont need the card itself!

• starnac
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    I wonder if there is a use for a chopped up plastic card?

I'm sure you could find something on p1nt3r3st :rotfl:
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business