IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Leicester PureGym St George’s Tower

Options

Comments

• havingalook123
    Options
    Thanks for the info, so just to clairfy i am sending the following appeal online for both PCN's:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re PCN number: (ENTER PCN NUMBER)

I appeal and dispute your purported 'parking charge', as the keeper of the vehicle. I deny any liability.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn, nor was there any agreed contract. Your signage terms fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence of the parking charge, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis, which is fully distinguished.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN, I require the following information with your rejection letter:

1. Provide all images taken of this vehicle on that day and the signs at the material location and do not withhold any images or data later relied on for POPLA or court.
    2. Explain why you operate in disregard of the GDPR and ICO rules. Nowhere do you inform the public of their right to subject access - why not?

Firms of your ilk were unanimously criticised in 2018 as operating an 'outrageous scam' (Hansard 2.2.18). The BPA and IPC were heavily criticised too, and both appeals systems were condemned. Hardly surprising for an industry where so-called AOS members admitted to letting victims 'futilely go through the motions' of appeal and saying on camera 'we make it up sometimes' (BBC Watchdog).

I will be making a formal complaint about your predatory and aggressive conduct to your client landowner, as well as complaining in writing to my MP and ensuring that they are appraised of the debate where Parliament agreed by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists...should not have to put up with this''.

Formal note:

Service of any rejection letter/POPLA code and/or any legal documents by email is expressly disallowed. All responses to me from this point forward must be made by the Royal Mail postal service. Regardless of any MCOL online system, in this case, service of any court claim must only be made by first class post to the latest address provided by me.

Yours faithfully,

MY ADDRESS AND NAME GOES HERE
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,784 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's right. Send it twice - once for each PCN.
  • havingalook123
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    That's right. Send it twice - once for each PCN.
    Does it matter what reason for my appeal i enter?
  • KeithP
    Options
    Does it matter what reason for my appeal i enter?
    Yes it most certainly does.

You are appealing as the keeper.

They given options to trick you into giving away the driver's identity.

If you give away the driver's identity you are throwing away your golden ticket.

If there is a 'other' option, use it.
  • havingalook123
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Yes it most certainly does.

You are appealing as the keeper.

They given options to trick you into giving away the driver's identity.

If there is a 'other' option, use it.

I might have not made it clear i meant reason for appeal so as in I had difficulties with my vehicle, i entered incorrect number plate ect
  • KeithP
    Options
    I might have not made it clear i meant reason for appeal so as in I had difficulties with my vehicle, i entered incorrect number plate ect
    Yes, you made it quite clear, and I understood.

The examples you have given are exactly the trick questions I was alluding to.

If you were to choose "I had difficulties with my vehicle" you are automatically telling them that you are the driver. You are automatically throwing away your keeper protection.

If you were to choose "I entered incorrect number plate" you are automatically telling them that you are the driver. You are automatically throwing away your keeper protection.

Choose the option very carefully. Choose 'other' if that is offered.
  • havingalook123
    Options
    ah got you, yes the 'other' option is there so i will choose that now.
  • havingalook123
    Options
    Submitted for both PCN's now i just wait i suppose.
  • havingalook123
    Options
    so I got this reply today via email.
    Dear Mr xxx

We write further to your recent correspondence, which has now been reviewed.

We can confirm that your name and address were provided by the DVLA as the registered keeper of vehicle xxx following a breach of the parking terms and conditions that took place within the car park at St George!!!8217;s Tower on 7 April 2018.

Please note that you can access the Driver Portal on the ParkingEye website to view evidence relating to your Parking Charge. This includes ANPR images as they relate to the parking event. To access these images, you will need to enter your Parking Charge Reference and vehicle registration number as found on the correspondence issued by us.

Please visit: https://portal.parkingeye.co.uk/

In addition, we wish to confirm that information about the right of an individual to request access to the data we hold about them has been available to all individuals, both pre and post the coming into force of the General Data Protection Regulation, via the privacy policy on our website. This policy has now been updated in line with the GDPR. For more information, please visit https://www.parkingeye.co.uk/privacy-policy, where you can make a request for access using our online privacy form or via the postal address provided.

We can confirm that we have now passed your appeal back to our Appeals Team for consideration and they will be in touch in due course.

Yours sincerely

ParkingEye Privacy Team

Do I need to do anything or wait for the appeals team to be in contact?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 June 2018 at 5:26PM
    Options
    All they have done is updated their replies to tell appellants about their right to a SAR:
    In addition, we wish to confirm that information about the right of an individual to request access to the data we hold about them has been available to all individuals, both pre and post the coming into force of the General Data Protection Regulation, via the privacy policy on our website. This policy has now been updated in line with the GDPR. For more information, please visit https://www.parkingeye.co.uk/privacy-policy, where you can make a request for access using our online privacy form or via the postal address provided.

I would email back and ask when (on what date exactly) that policy was updated, and a copy of what the policy said BEFORE it was changed. It would help us and others, if you could get a date from PE and a copy/screenshot of the old policy that applied in April when you got the PCN.

Apart from that, you obviously wait and start reading POPLA appeals as per the third post of the NEWBIES thread, in readiness for the rejection letter.

And:

Do not reply if a poster with less than 1000 posts sends you a private message. People lurk and pop up and post on this forum with a dark agenda.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure