What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 10/10

Options

Comments

• maria3104
    Options
    What a gorgeous day. Sunny and autumnal. Missing it as always, although I would soon be complaining if I had no work!!

DD did a weeks shop yesterday £39 for 4 of us. I am delighted. she stuck to the list. Why can I not do this?

Menu planning is my job for this weekend. Must focus
  • woollisox
    Options
    Hello,

So today I had a huge presentation, but have passed and so nearly completed my first year as a student nurse!
    *NSD
    *Dump bag chicken curry currently smelling gorgeous in the slow cooker
    *managed to find my old quilt until I can replace mine (my dog decided to mark his territory on our bed last night - OH not impressed), so no need to rush out and buy one which keeps both of us happy.
    *popped into DFS to have a look at the sofas to see the kind of style I want for when my living room is finally in one piece. Saw my aunt in there who's buying a new sofa and she said I could have hers which is 6 months old and does not have a mark on it. So free sofa = £700 saving!
    *checked the usual lucky phone, etc. Can't be bothered doing any surveys as I have a bit of a headache from my pres, so instead going to have a nice relaxed night.

Take care.
  • twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi guys!

I've popping in and reading to get ideas of all the things I used to do!

Today I have/will:
    * check banks
    * take lunch to work
    * make shopping list
    * walk to lidl on lunch break to get shopping - stick to list!
    * buy block of circuit sessions to make it cheaper
    * charge phone in work
    * upload receipts
    * check quidco
    * open any post as soon as I walk through the front door!
    * go to circuits
    * dinner from stores - eggs courtesy of my mum for omelettes
    * wash hair and let dry naturally

Think that's everything for now! Hope you all have a good day!
    Starting again..
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ally Good to have you back.

Woollisox Brilliant news about the sofa.

Today I still have no voice, my chest feels very heavy and I tirer very easily. I have been trying to pace my self with plenty of rests. I needed to go out this morning to get some medicine as I discovered last night dd has worms :eek: I realised I wasn't up to the half a mile walk to the shop so we drove :mad: whilst there we also bought some milk, posted a RM survery letter (I wouldn't gone out today for this it couldof waited until next week) and put fuel in my car as I was on vapours. I was out less than 30 minutes yet I needed to have a rest when we got home.

Lunch today was very yummy and the children were very happy with what was being served: last few slices of HM pizza, 1 slice of HM quiche, some HM sausage platt as well as a selection of fruit and veg ds prepared.

I have been doing the regular things like FPL, Ashleigh, PAD, turning things off, sorting out the WM to run overnight, same with the DW, porridge made for tomorrow. No heating, house surprisingly okay, we haven't even thought about lighting the stove. IF any body is feeling cold their are jumpers and blankets.

Off now to do the washing up before my next rest.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    Ha ha, DNMS, not at all, I'll just be on holiday! :rotfl:

In just in the car coming back from client meeting - highlights include free meal, free wine, free breakfast and lunch, procured tea bags, toiletries, pen and pencil :D Also explored a new city and kept clients happy. :)

Spent some £££ on drink in airport and toiletries so need to YNAB that...

OH put the heating on but I turned the thermostat down :naughty: let's see if it has stayed that way ;)

Catch up soon!
  • yellow218
    yellow218 Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all

Relative newbie to this site. Been reading, but not really contributing.

My DFW things this week:
    - adjusted the boiler settings so that we are heating the water for less time. Have not noticed any lack of hot water, so hopefully i may be able to drop it a bit more. Hoping I will notice the impact on the bills. Anyone know how long a gas boiler needs to be on for to heat up a water tank?
    - Bought the cat food from the butcher. 'Pet mince'. Cheaper and lasts longer. My girlies love it and i feel better as it feels more natural. (Sachets contain 4% meat, whats the rest of it made from?)
    - home alone this evening, is usually dangerous on the pocket (and the bathroom scales), but i took out a HM 'ready meal' from the freezer this morning so i have no excuses to pop to the shops or takeaway (must resist the chocolate).
    - having a tidy up/clear out of the workshop so we know what materials we have, so don't over buy in the future.
    - ebaying items where we can, freegle non-sellable items, dumping the rest
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    Oh BB, hope you get lots of rest and your LO gets better soon xx
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Ally - I had to reread your post 3 times before I read the word smartwatch correctly... I thought it said sandwich :rotfl: £250 is one seriously expensive sandwich!
    Feeling very rough today - tired and grumpy as always. Lovely day to have my photo taken for the local paper! :eek:
    Other than that I have
    :) bought milk so no nsd...
    :) checked banking and PAD to moneybox
    :) full teaching day
    :) prep for lesson observation
    :) Bit of housework when I got home
    :) shower
    :) no heating at all :j
    Other than that it's all fairly quiet...
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Hi everyone :) sorry to hear ally & bb aren't feeling too good. Hopefully it's just a 48 hr thing! ally your comment made me laugh this morning. I only do 18 hours pw and I find that hard! :rotfl:

nothing of major importance to report! Am on my 4th NSD of the week :D - I did do a ms assignment but as will get the money back before I need to pay my cc bill I'm not including that

As I had ms lunch assignment just having soup for tea in a bit.

Took note of mileage and will update expenses form tomorrow - £12 coming back to me :D

Need to write up ms report, get bags & lunches ready for tomorrow and then a long soak in the bath :D tis the simple things...
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • yellow218
    yellow218 Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    what is NSD, i've seen it used a few times but can't work out what it is..... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure