Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Options

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mustbemad wrote: »
    Looks like I’m back on the survey after being bumped off in November before I even went live but looks like I’m back on training again 😕 does anyone know if it will be the full training period again or will it be shorter this time?

MBM xd

Last couple of times it's been shorter, just a couple of weeks.
    Plus the obligatory email half way through training saying they're oversubscribed and taking you off the panel, followed closely by the next posting pack.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Can't you fold and tape the envelopes so that they fit the size for normal postage and can be recycled?

Better still cut them in half and make 2 "new" envelopes that fit the standard "non-large" template
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • dobbiesloan
    dobbiesloan Posts: 2,211 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :)
    NBLondon wrote: »
    Anti-Scottish bigotry :whistle: :)
    probably:):):):)
    GONE ENGLAND
  • seatbeltnoob
    seatbeltnoob Posts: 1,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 13 January 2018 at 4:49PM
    Options
    I completed my first 6 month stretch a while ago, and they automatically tried to enrol me onto another session.

I withdrew before they could send the stuff out to me. I think this is fine for retired people, but it's a real drag for someone like me who works from home and has to leave the house to post stuff on specific times. There were some weeks where I had up to 5 stuff to post all having their own special time/packing requirements.

They need to pay people at least £20-£30 for their time to do this. It is quite involved. Paying people in lousy stamps is just not enough.

Also a lot of mess get created. I had so much paperwork, plastic bags accumulated. You really needed to be well organised to clear up all the mess.

Last but no least their website is not intuitive not is it easy to work with. I find the posting/receiving entries were really repeptitive and annoying. The website seems to have been built in the early 2000's and is repetitive to use.

Lastly. I joined initially for altruism. I felt the royal mail were slow in my area and I wanted to take part in the survey so I couold give royal mail some hard feedback. The bulk of the letters were from peer to peer. But there were a lot of letters where you send things off to corporations and corporations sending things to you. It made me wonder what these were for?

The cynic in me says these were provided to the corporations so they can get a gauge of deliver-ability of their bulk mail and perhaps use data to sue/get refund from royal mail.

In any case, I did not join to help out corporations without being properly renumerated/ .
  • Minimods
    Minimods Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    I completed my first 6 month stretch a while ago, and they automatically tried to enrol me onto another session.

I withdrew before they could send the stuff out to me. I think this is fine for retired people, but it's a real drag for someone like me who works from home and has to leave the house to post stuff on specific times. There were some weeks where I had up to 5 stuff to post all having their own special time/packing requirements.

They need to pay people at least £20-£30 for their time to do this. It is quite involved. Paying people in lousy stamps is just not enough.

Also a lot of mess get created. I had so much paperwork, plastic bags accumulated. You really needed to be well organised to clear up all the mess.

Last but no least their website is not intuitive not is it easy to work with. I find the posting/receiving entries were really repeptitive and annoying. The website seems to have been built in the early 2000's and is repetitive to use.

Lastly. I joined initially for altruism. I felt the royal mail were slow in my area and I wanted to take part in the survey so I couold give royal mail some hard feedback. The bulk of the letters were from peer to peer. But there were a lot of letters where you send things off to corporations and corporations sending things to you. It made me wonder what these were for?

The cynic in me says these were provided to the corporations so they can get a gauge of deliver-ability of their bulk mail and perhaps use data to sue/get refund from royal mail.

In any case, I did not join to help out corporations without being properly renumerated/ .

Yes, it can be a pain. The worst thing for me are the parcels, having to pay out of my own pocket to post them and in return getting L2S vouchers which I find hard to spend (cashiers seem surprised to see £1 vouchers and it is such a faff when I want to get out of the shop!). In this day and age a prepaid debit card would not be too hard surely. The website definitely needs an upgrade but I find it usable. I won't be continuing when invited after I finish this stint (4th or 5th round).
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,812 Forumite
    Options

I don't find it that bad. Post office and post boxes are both easy walking distance. Posting before 9 I do when I'm walking the dog, if I'm working from home I go out a lunchtime and do the morning ones just before 12 and the afternoon ones just after, or I shove things in the post box on the way home.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • littlemoney
    Options
    I was wondering that when you have something to post on Monday before noon, has anyone posted it on the Sunday before and then logged it as posted early Monday. As there are no Sunday collections I wondered if this was a viable option if posting anytime on Monday would be difficult.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    You won't have any probs. I have done this loads of times.
  • Chocmonster7
    Chocmonster7 Posts: 2,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Whilst the shedule say they want them posted morning/afternoon I've never stuck to those, just made sure they were posted on the right day or the same day the following week. They've never complained to me and with the last posting time on my local box now being 9am it's pointless worrying about it.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was wondering that when you have something to post on Monday before noon, has anyone posted it on the Sunday before and then logged it as posted early Monday. As there are no Sunday collections I wondered if this was a viable option if posting anytime on Monday would be difficult.
    I have posted Saturday afternoon with no problems ;)
    Whilst the shedule say they want them posted morning/afternoon I've never stuck to those, just made sure they were posted on the right day or the same day the following week. They've never complained to me and with the last posting time on my local box now being 9am it's pointless worrying about it.
    Last week I had one before mid day and one after mid day on the same day. Well, that didn't happen. I do try to post as per but that is taking the pee.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure