Comments

• darcey
    darcey Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    hello anyone out there ??
  • jackanory
    jackanory Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I have downloaded Openoffice, right clicked the little hourglass shows its busy but the programme won't open
  • Jellyman_3
    Options
    purdles wrote: »
    I have Microsoft Vista which uses Works as an automatic programme to open up budget planner, but it is not recognised. I have uploaded Microsoft Office excel but still cannot open it. I have tried save as and changing the file type but still no luck. I really hate Vista.. can anyone help?

Thanks

Hi

I also have windows Vista, and absolultely cannot download it, it say's 'file is corrupted'.

I have tried to open it through works and not, I have also tried to save it as all files and as exl.

I am stumped.

Anyone help - and yes vista sucks!!:eek:
  • Cuidadosa
    Cuidadosa Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I believe the link to download the spreadsheet is broken :(

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/attachment/budget_planner.xls
    The following error was encountered:
    Unable to determine IP address from host name for images2.moneysavingexpert.com
    Is the server down?
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    Options
    Cuidadosa wrote: »
    Hi,

I believe the link to download the spreadsheet is broken :(

Is the server down?

No, learn how to use your PC.

:rolleyes:
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • nickbrat
    nickbrat Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everyone

The Budget planner is a great tool however i'm looking for something slightly different.

A monthly planner, something where i enter exactly what i've been paid each month ( my wages change every month depending on how much overtime i do.)

I then enter the direct debits and other monthly bills and deduct these as my priority bills.

Then factor in Shopping at £80pw, petrol at £60pw, calculate how many nights i can go out each month, this is easy as i work shifts so i'm physically only capable of venturing to the pub on "X" number of days, this i estimate at £20 per night.

All these figures added together give me a final total when deducted from my earnings. I check my account online every day and since i have been doing this i have a greater control over my spends.

If i see that i am not going to have enough left to stay in credit till the end of the month i can knock off some nights out or reduce the shopping by £5pw until my final figure shows me staying in credit.

But i want a planner that looks great with flashy bits and things that go ping, i want something with pretty pictures and clever little things that add up sums for me. I want something thats colorful and makes me go "wow"

Can someone make me one? :D
  • Cuidadosa
    Cuidadosa Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    espresso wrote: »
    No, learn how to use your PC.

That's not very helpful, is it?

And thanks, but I do know how to use my PC.

I've clicked on the link with the secondary mouse button and selected "Save target as" and it's come up with a pop-up error message:

Internet Explorer cannot download e5897875 from www.moneysavingexpert.com
    Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

If I just click on the link, I get this:
    The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://images2.moneysavingexpert.com/attachment/budget_planner.xls
    The following error was encountered:
    Unable to determine IP address from host name for images2.moneysavingexpert.com
    The dnsserver returned:
    Name Error: The domain name does not exist.
    This means that: The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL. Check if the address is correct. ***********************************************So, is there anyone that can give me any HELPFUL advice?Thanks a lot!
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    Options
    Cuidadosa wrote: »
    That's not very helpful, is it?

Well you asked "Is the server down?" and after downloading the file to check, I said no! This proves that the file is available to download.

And thanks, but I do know how to use my PC.

Well you obviously have problems then. Try using openDNS here if you are having DNS resolution problems.

:doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • squashy
    squashy Posts: 951 Forumite
    Options
    I would really love a "notes" column on the expenditure side so I can add a few reminders eg next to "hobbies" write "Brownies and Football" so it will make sense.

I have also had to put a few things under the wrong headers so that I can get it to keep all my Direct Debits in the same section, for example charity donations have gone into section 1 as they come straight out of the bank! This helps with the other sections too when deciding how much cash to withdraw for the month to cover all the bits and bobs, and how much pocket money to give my husband (lol)!

It is a really fantastic tool, thanks MSE!
  • waggamama_2
    Options
    Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

Help needed!
    I've downloaded the planner OK but when I enter "What you Earn" - it calculates everything divided by 4 - even when I enter in the weekly column!

Its driving me nuts!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport