Threats to UK pension savers

Options
Hi there I am after a huge favour. Is there an expert out there that can help me with finding what are the 3 main threats to pension savers in this country. Doesn't have to be a great volume of info just the main issues and i can research this further please!

Comments

• Gary1984
    Options
    I'm sure everyone will have their own opinions but..,
    1. Changes to pensions regulation and tax treatment
    2. Prolonged period of poor investment returns and/or market crash
    3. Continuing low interest rates
  • LULULU1
    LULULU1 Posts: 459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't forget inflation......
  • ffacoffipawb
    Options
    The Labour Party
  • LHW99
    LHW99 Posts: 4,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Assuming that the current autoenrollment payment % will give a good pension for everyone.
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    edited 17 September 2019 at 6:26PM
    Options
    Jimb73 wrote: »
    Hi there I am after a huge favour. Is there an expert out there that can help me with finding what are the 3 main threats to pension savers in this country. Doesn't have to be a great volume of info just the main issues and i can research this further please!

You are trying to write an opinion piece for an article to a deadline and at 5pm realised you didn't have an opinion so would like to get someone else's opinion of the main 'threats' so you can carry out some cutting-edge research?

Or do you have a job interview at 9am with a pension firm, and want to be able to ask a clever question? Or are you trying to draft a political manifesto commitment in time for a party conference this weekend?

I'm genuinely curious if there is some other reason why you need someone to do you a 'huge favour' by telling you what they think such 'threats' might be and then you'll go and look into them. If someone posted online what they thought the top three threats were, I wouldn't feel like they had done *me* a favour, so I wonder in what circumstances this is so helpful, if it's not a job interview or press article or political statement for which you drew the short straw...
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,706 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Gordon Brown
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    1. Jeremy Corbyn.
    2. The Labour Party.
    3. The Trotskyist leader of the opposition.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    1. Belief that by saving something into a pension, however little, such as the government minimum, that's good enough.
    2.Belief that because you are only employed for a year or two, it's not worth joining, and keeping that up over a series of jobs.
    3. Belief that the government will confiscate whatever you save so it's not worth saving.
  • ffacoffipawb
    Options
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    1. Belief that by saving something into a pension, however little, such as the government minimum, that's good enough.
    2.Belief that because you are only employed for a year or two, it's not worth joining, and keeping that up over a series of jobs.
    3. Belief that the government will confiscate whatever you save so it's not worth saving.

1. Complacency
    2. Stupidity
    3. The Labour Party
  • bostonerimus
    Options
    1) Hubris
    2) Stupidity
    3) Inflation
    “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure