Threats to UK pension savers

Options

Comments

• GSP
    GSP Posts: 887 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 18 September 2019 at 10:23AM
    Options
    - Unaccepting undemocratic remainers. They lost, this country will never move on until the 2016 result is implemented.
    Until the above happens, and for just about every post above that, this very unsettling Brexit saga as for its longitude is actually creating more division and I really fear what the end result may be in that people will be pitted against people. I fear this will grow into very very serious stuff if a decision is not made very very soon.
    How anyone can look past this until it is sorted out but the fact is rightly or wrongly the result has to be implemented. That's how democracy works and the losers will just have to "lump it" until a new vote is cast.
    But implement the result in the first instance. The minority vote appears to be having its way and is not how it works. The ones with the most votes wins, and the change happens.
    Sorry for the rant, but changes to pensions etc is unlikely to happen until this is all sorted.
    At the moment, we are stuck in a vacuum and will be there for the foreseeable.
  • Really isn’t fair to say that Corbyn alone represents risks numbers 1, 2 and 3. Shadow Chancellor is just as much of a risk with his urge to confiscate and try Marxism one more time because attempt number 35789 is bound to work.
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,005 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Living too long
    I think....
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Although I have made great use of it , higher rate tax relief has got to be the main pension perk in the firing line one day . It's basically the opposite of wealth redistribution .
    Also I struggle to understand how the loophole of salary sacrifice is allowed to continue . HMRC must be losing at least a few hundred millions , a lot of it to private companies .
    I do not think they will touch the TFLS as it is popular and well known/understood by the general public.
  • Crabby
    Crabby Posts: 858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    what are the 3 main threats to pension savers in this country.

As michaels says, Living too long.

Also, not living long enough (to collect, (which contains a whole host of threats in itself)).

Zombie Apocalypse.
    Winner winner, Chicken dinner.
  • username901
    Options
    Divorce probably!
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Living too long

UK appears to be levelling off. Unhealthy lifestyles for many.

Will make annuities better value.
  • Anonymous101
    Options
    Personally:
    Change in policy
    Poorer investment returns than forecast (by me)
    Inflation outstripping returns

Generally:
    Lack of understanding
    Lack of willingness to understand
    Thinking that you can't make a difference to your future
  • bonnyrigger
    Options
    Tories crashing the economy with a no deal Brexit, thick as mince leavers thinking they know better than 95% of the business leaders and economists, Trumpet starting a major war before he's booted out of office.
    Right-whingers shouldn't bring politics into this forum - but since they started it...............................
    :beer::beer::beer:
  • Triumph13
    Triumph13 Posts: 1,730 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wealth taxes by a hard left government
    Collapse of world economy following a pandemic
    Stagflation
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business