The Ultimate Incentive natters on. Part 9

Options

Comments

• clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Poolie wrote: »
    Things are good. Mrs P and I are working things out. Christmas was drunken

Am so delighted to hear that you are Mrs P are working things out Poolie :)
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • shrimpy_80
    shrimpy_80 Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    Options
    Really pleased to hear that Poolie, glad things are going well.
    Barclaycard [STRIKE]£7,296.35[/STRIKE] £6134.99 - MBNA [STRIKE]£4,182.88[/STRIKE] £3267.08 - O/draft [STRIKE]£569.31[/STRIKE] £413.59 - Capital One [STRIKE]£1477.55[/STRIKE] £1451.44
    Total debt [STRIKE]£12048.54[/STRIKE] £11267.10 6% paid
  • Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    Options
    Shrimpy, having a chest of craft stuff isn't bad at all, my idea of heaven in fact! :o We should all share pics of our stashes! If anything it'll make us all want to make our messy shelves/boxes/piles on the floor nice and neat before taking photos! :p It might take a while before all my stuff was in one place and photo-ready though! :o

MIL gave me her Dymo, she's labelled everything she owns and has no need for it any more! I love putting neat little labels on everything, by the time I'm finished my crafty bookcase will be label-tastic! :) I may have already labelled OH... ;)

Good to hear you and Mrs P are working things out Poolie :)
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    Eeep! PGCE interview on the 30th!! Delighted and terrified in equal measure!

Hi everyone else! Sorry to hear of all the illness but happy to hear about Mr and Mrs P - the fancy knickers did the trick then? ;);)

Argh, I've wanted a Dymo for SO LONG - is this what I'm looking for??
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    beccie wrote: »
    How's the business going Dinah? I don't have a little person but if I did then I would defnitely want one a baby gro, they are gorgeous :)
    I need to start it up again, took Christmas off and now need some non-festive stock, but I've been focusing on the de-junking.
    Birdie85 wrote: »
    More de-junking done last night! This challenge is great as I was sat down thinking 'Urgh, really CBA to do anything tonight' but the thought of having to admit to my laziness made me get up and do something productive so I started on the craft mountain. :) Sorted though 7 little storage boxes and separated everything into categories (beads, brads, buttons etc) and labelled them with my Dymo (oh yeah, I love me some Dymo action! ;)) and I threw out a load of junk I wouldn't use. Filled a sandwich bag with rubbish... that doesn't sound like much, but considering I was throwing out beads and sequins it's pretty impressive! :o I'm planning on cutting well down on my craft stuff, tucking it all neatly away on the bookcase in the spare room so my craft desk in the living room is empty... then we can get rid of it and replace it with a much more useful sideboard (or a small bar if I left it to OH to decide!)! I haven't told OH any of this yet as I'll come home to find the desk, full drawers and all, in the bin before I've had a chance to empty it and redistribute the bits I decide to keep! :p

It's so cathartic to go through stuff and just bin it because you're sick of looking at it! Loving the challenge, might keep it going to a lesser extent for the whole year to keep me in the mind-set of living a de-junked life! :)
    Glad to hear it, I love feeling life lighter too, less clutter is brilliant.
    Poolie wrote: »
    Things are good. Mrs P and I are working things out. Christmas was drunken

Brilliant news!
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Up to £356 on ebay bids :D
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • poddle911
    poddle911 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 15 January 2013 at 10:41PM
    Options
    That's really super news, Poolie, so pleased to hear you're working things out.

Nice work on eBay Dinah :D

PS. I'm a bit of a dymo fiend too - all the plugs in my flat are labelled *geek*. Tete, I think the Dymo 'omega' one might be a bit better & I've also got this weird Asian one which you can get really cute tape for - perfect for crafting. (sorry, declutterers)
    LBM Sep 2008 debt: £27,927.04
    start weight: 140.2, week 2: 138
  • Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    edited 16 January 2013 at 10:09AM
    Options
    This is the Dymo that I've got, very futuristic compared the the embossing ones! :)

Last night was a bit of an odd night de-junk-wise, threw out a fair bit and partially sorted out some boxes and folders (i.e. threw out the obvious rubbish and left a lot of 'needs to be looked at before definitely binning' stuff) but they all need to be sorted properly and given nicely labelled homes before I can really count it as a job done. :o Hope to crack on with it again tonight as I seem to have more stuff on the floor than on the bookcase right now! :p

Great stuff with the ebay sales Dinah! :T
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
  • shrimpy_80
    shrimpy_80 Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    Options
    Oooh Poddle, I want one of those!

Good news on the eBay sales Dinah!

We *might* be completing on the house on Friday - although I have been saying that for the past five weeks so not too excited yet. Have had viewings on our house for new tenant pretty much every day, getting fed up with it now! Also have a caterer coming round this evening to talk menus and quote so that might be another wedding thing booked soon, hopefully! Also have almost decided what to do for the invitations as they need to go out asap. Will feel much better then!
    Barclaycard [STRIKE]£7,296.35[/STRIKE] £6134.99 - MBNA [STRIKE]£4,182.88[/STRIKE] £3267.08 - O/draft [STRIKE]£569.31[/STRIKE] £413.59 - Capital One [STRIKE]£1477.55[/STRIKE] £1451.44
    Total debt [STRIKE]£12048.54[/STRIKE] £11267.10 6% paid
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    I should have known there's be more than one Dymo fetishist on this thread - thanks for the advice girls. That one does look very high-tech Birdie but I like the like the embossing ones. Very tempted by the Asian one for the coloured tapes haha! Ooooh think of all the things I could label! It's going to be amazing!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport