PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Kadeeae
    Kadeeae Posts: 652 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Just popping in to wish everyone luck for June :)
  • JayJay14
    JayJay14 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Options
    Just back from Te$co and have my first June spend of £28.75. It was quite a lot of stuff as I tried to stick to offers and also used my coupons, before offers/coupons it would have been £49.79 so I'm quite happy.

Off to update sig.
  • Zend
    Zend Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, DH does not get paid until Tuesday so I will start the challenge from then. Could you please put me down for £200 again. It is going to be a costly month with several birthdays.
    January spend = £100
    Spent =
    saving =
  • Zend
    Zend Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, DH does not get paid until Tuesday so I will start the challenge from then. Could you please put me down for £200 again as it is going to buy an expensive month with several birthdays. Apologies for this being in red but the XXX computer is playing up :mad:
    January spend = £100
    Spent =
    saving =
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Stick me down for £120.00 for June as I was pleased to declare £30.36 left over from May:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hi...quiet day today...hm curry for tea but a ready made shop pizza for lunch...oh dear

have done meal plans for next week...its half term for us so a bit more relaxed than usual...going to try for a few days out so need to get picnic stuff in...fingers crossed for nice(ish) weather

tata tessa

ps thank u all for new thread
    onwards and upwards
  • hex2
    hex2 Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 May 2010 at 7:37PM
    Options
    Thanks to Pink, Rosie and Mrs M, and everyone else for the support as always. Please put me down for £450 for June

Staying out of the shops is really working but I need to take it further.
    Also the once a month home delivery for pets, bread and essentials, combined with the weekly veg box so there is only milk, fruit, and wine/fags on the co-op drop in list so I ordered a case of wine, and a months worth of tobacco to reduce the risk of impulse buys. Wine n fags come out of DH's budget, but I buy other stuff when I am in so this should help.

I still have a freezer full of chickens :o
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • looie
    looie Posts: 706 Forumite
    Options
    First spend of June of £32.45. I went to Mr T's this morning and then to Mr S's this afternoon.

I received a £4 off a £20 shop mailing last week from Sainsburys but I didn't think I would spend £20 so left it at home ..... I spent £23 but the cashier said to bring my coupon in next time and they would give me the £4 back. :D

We are now well stocked up, the fridge, freezer and cupboards are all fit to bursting !
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    :wave:Already four days in to the June challenge and have had two no spend days. Thursday and today spent a total of £31.88
    Got most items in until Thursday and have meal planned until then as well.
    Have used some more apple out of the freezer for a crumble tomorrow and cooked it today at same time as piece of ham. Can always be heated up in microwave tomorrow.
    Good luck everybody for June.
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • bumpybecky
    bumpybecky Posts: 440 Forumite
    Options
    hello :) can I join in please?

I'm aiming for £400 for 2 adults, 4 children (12, 10, 5 and 2), 1 dog, 2 cats to include toiletries as well as food :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure