IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - DW Sports Wigan

Options

Comments

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 June 2017 at 10:43PM
    Options
    "are you/were you a customer of the gym? "

"Hi, Yes, it was a visit to the trampoline place at the Soccer dome."

sadly, no you where not !

this is part of the confusion that DW have caused by making a decision to make all the able body GYM members .... be able to park just a little closer to the door ..........

making the NHS visitors and others walk further .....

shame ....

the 'socerdome / O2 / trampoline place'
    are now a different place !

(and are not impressed with the change, it will hit thier visitors .... but what can they do ? )

6 months or so ago .... yes you would be fine ......

but shame on DW

penalise all the other people who are not super fit gym members ... who do not know the change !

Ralph:cool:
  • em_fletcher
    em_fletcher Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,
    This is still ongoing, Appealed and then was offered a goodwill offer of £20, replied again saying no thank you and appealed again, second appeal was rejected and was given the Popla reference number, so the appeal was sent to Popla, Popla have now replied asking for a response to the Parkingeye evidence. Which is basically lots of photos of signage saying the full registration needs to be imputted into the machine. I used the response above about the display being out of action.

What now? I need to respond very soon.

Yes, theoretically T & C's are breached, however shouldn't someone realise that this is totally petty. The money went into the machine, and they received the funds for the space, and they know it.

Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You need to realise that they make their money by pursuing you once they entrap you irrespective of how petty etc it appears

You are dealing with a litigious outfit, so do reply to popla as if popla fails then anticipate ultimately some court action
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    Options
    You go through their evidence pack meticulously and rebut any point which is plain wrong, not quite the reality or that you disagree with. Not responding to any point they make may be read by the POPLA assessor as you accepting/agreeing with it.
    Yes, theoretically T & C's are breached, however shouldn't someone realise that this is totally petty.
    Putting stuff like this won't help your case one iota!
    The money went into the machine, and they received the funds for the space, and they know it.
    Did you include a copy of your ticket in your POPLA appeal?

You didn't show us a draft of your POPLA appeal for critique and fine tuning advice. What exactly have you put in your appeal to POPLA? I hope it wasn't based around 'what happened' and 'how totally petty it all is'?

Can you copy it here to see if it might need some salvaging (but we can't perform miracles)?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • PurpleSun
    Options
    I am in a similar situation as you and wanted to know if you had a positive outcome with your POPLA appeal.

Many thanks in advance and really hope it worked out for you.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 2 October 2017 at 10:24AM
    Options
    PurpleSun wrote: »
    I am in a similar situation as you and wanted to know if you had a positive outcome with your POPLA appeal.

Many thanks in advance and really hope it worked out for you.

Not a good thread to read - the OP wrote their own POPLA appeal and never asked for help with it. As Umkomaas said:
    You didn't show us a draft of your POPLA appeal for critique and fine tuning advice. What exactly have you put in your appeal to POPLA? I hope it wasn't based around 'what happened' and 'how totally petty it all is'?
    Instead, read the NEWBIES thread post #3 where the POPLA templates are, or another ParkingEye thread where a person has used the forum templates and won (search the forum for ParkingEye POPLA and read a dozen!). Don't read stuff like this thread, I hope she won but we didn't get asked to see the POPLA appeal wording. We hope she didn't write the story of what happened and losing points about 'no loss caused' etc.

Don't waste your time looking only at cases at that car park. Look at ANY ParkingEye POPLA appeals! And post #3 of the NEWBIES thread (no link).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • PurpleSun
    Options
    Thanks I have already read the NEWBIES thread and use it/taken all advise onboard. But before carrying on I was looking at similar cases and see if worth all stress to carry on so really curious if outcome was positive or not.

Thanks again
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not stressful at all, we do this for people all the time and expect to win all the time!

It's called beating a scam. You can do it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    Options
    two threads to look at ....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163&order=desc

and

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71739141&postcount=2453

there should be more if you run som searches ...

good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • PurpleSun
    Options
    Thanks Coupon for your support and thanks Ralph for the links, I keep searching!

I am now at the POPLA appeal stage and I might need your expertise once I have written it. Before I do so I would be grateful if you could tell me if my case is worth appealing. This is the background...

The driver had paid and displayed and this was not reflecting on the PCN but the appeal was rejected by ParkingEye as "insufficient time was paid". Driver genuinely thought that the car was ok to stay parked for up to 1 hour 30mn. Driver paid £2.50 and ticket which has been kept shows this. The driver paid that amount as display showed £2 for 1hour £3 for 2 hours to make sure that covered for more than 1 hour to be on the safe side. The machine accepted transaction and there was no mentioned of having to enter exact change or no change given. So driver was confident that sufficient time had been paid. The ticket itself is misleading as it shows "purchase time" and not "paid until" making it difficult to accurately know until what time car is safe to stay. Duration from entry to exit was 1 h 16 min but from actual time paid 1 h 13 min.

Should I go ahead with POPLA appeal?

Many thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family