Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Put those weights down and put your feet up with a cup of tea please Cath, sounds like you need a rest if you are coming down with something :naughty:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 November 2018 at 10:40PM
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    Put those weights down and put your feet up with a cup of tea please Cath, sounds like you need a rest if you are coming down with something :naughty:

Minimal effort from me today newgirly and also got myself checked out by gp, it's viral thankfully so just need it to run its course now.

12p tilly tidy today and also sent to £100 from bank switch to mortgage. DH did a small food shop of £7.18 and i got some reduced fruit on way home. Spends updated and we're not doing too badly for this point in the month. T3sco balance updated and more stoozing needed so will be organised with that.

H0bbycraft order arrived so have some bargains to add to the christmas shopping pile and also have a birthday present needed for this weekend. Will check the card box tomorrow before popping to h0me b@rgains if needed.

Dh's new n@tionwide account now also opened. Direct debits now set up so looking forward to those rewards too!

November spends

Supermarket £65.47
    Fuel £40.02
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Viral = in your muscles. Your heart is a muscle too. Please do as newgirly says and rest up x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you've had a quite day and you're feeling recovered :)
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • CathT
    Options
    Viral = in your muscles. Your heart is a muscle too. Please do as newgirly says and rest up x

pinkypig wrote: »
    Hope you've had a quite day and you're feeling recovered :)

Thanks both, the cold lingers on but I did go to the gym yesterday and today. When I have a cold (rarely get them and certainly not every year) I tend to feel worse in the morning and then pick up as the day goes on. I've woken both days not feeling dreadful and so gone to the gym (55 mins of weights yesterday and 4o mins today), have felt worse as the day has gone on and did succumb to paracetamol this evening as feel like I might be brewing a high temperature. I did however strike the balance by enjoying a roast chicken dinner and homemade apple and blackberry crumble. Eating down the contents of fridge and freezer is going well and they're starting to look rather empty! Small food shop of just over £8 today, asked dh to buy milk and custard on his way home from work.

Have also indulged in some self-care this afternoon by reading quite a bit of my book (has taken me a while to get into it due to reading so intermittently. Finished watching Sant@ Clause with ds and we also watched Home @lone. It might seem early but we only have 6 weekends to get through a lot of Christmas films! :xmassmile

Tried to play with my spreadsheet but it doesn't seem to be working properly and balances not reducing when extra possible op's are keyed in. Hopefully the problem only affects a few cells and not the whole thing as spreadsheets are not my forte!
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    Options
    Glad you are feeling a bit better :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    Options
    Thanks Newgirly, hopefully am over the worst now. Colds really are rotten aren't they. Did manage another weights workout after work today. This one is only 30 minutes but I don't enjoy it as much as one of the others as I do as it's working on my weakest muscles!

Small food shop today but monthly spends still looking good. DH has taken id to bank to arrange bank transfer so that will be £200 winging its way to us in a few weeks. [STRIKE]Managed to sort my spreadsheet[/STRIKE] Realised I had been updating the wrong box on my spreadsheet and need to OP another £488 to knock another month off the mortgage. Hopefully that will be possible by the end of the year, but if not should be done in January.

50p on y0ugov, will be a push to reach payout before Christmas unless they are particularly generous with high point surveys!
  • CathT
    Options
    Time to listen to my body as I feel rotten today. Headache I have struggled to shift and generally feel weary. Will log off shortly and have a much needed early night.

Dh did a food and fuel top up earlier so the remaining spends are dwindling! I will set myself these challenges though! Bank transfer switch code received and updated online.

Countdown to payday and frugal challenge continues........
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    By the time you were logging off for an early night, I was already asleep! Just as well, as dd woke at 5.15 with a bad dream, so I've been awake since then...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hope you feel better today, Cath :) x (and hope you manage another early night tonight, apple!)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure