PPI for Deceased Father

Options
2»

Comments

• joanne_butler
    Options
    my father passed away 4 years ago I have had to sort out all his debt would I be allowed to claim his PPI if he had it many thanks
  • joanne_butler
    Options
    I don't have all documentation but the documentation that I have only proves that we settled the debt
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,565 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    my father passed away 4 years ago I have had to sort out all his debt would I be allowed to claim his PPI if he had it many thanks

See posts 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi my father passed away 4 years ago I was going through my documents today and I had to pay all dads debts off when he passed away I was wondering if he had any ppi would I be allowed to claim
    -taff wrote: »
    See posts 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8.
    ..and posts 11, 14 and 15! ;)
  • Magicmerlin72
    Options
    Hi there,

Not sure if anyone can help with this one. My father died 2yrs ago, and I have only just got around to going through old bank statements. It seems that he was being charged £35 each time he went into an unauthorised overdraft. In one week, he was charged x4 £35, as he was withdrawing small amounts, such as £10 or £20 a time without realising. It looks like he assumed he was able to withdraw cash, as the cashpoint allowed him to do so! He did have some alcohol related mental health issues, although he was due for an assessment 1mth after his death. Am I able to claim back any of those charges? many thanks
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,971 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,

Not sure if anyone can help with this one. My father died 2yrs ago, and I have only just got around to going through old bank statements. It seems that he was being charged £35 each time he went into an unauthorised overdraft. In one week, he was charged x4 £35, as he was withdrawing small amounts, such as £10 or £20 a time without realising. It looks like he assumed he was able to withdraw cash, as the cashpoint allowed him to do so! He did have some alcohol related mental health issues, although he was due for an assessment 1mth after his death. Am I able to claim back any of those charges? many thanks

No, the banks won the court case in 2009 on unfair charges, they only consider current financial hardship cases, not old ones
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,

Your post has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Please post again on your own thread.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure