* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks MrsInvisible, I think Id prefer to live on an island with justme and the family.im not very sociable or tolerable of other people lol. But he is exceptionly inconsiderate.
    It's a clematis Montana Ive planted. It's a good 3ft tall, but hoping to train the tendrils outwards. That and a rhododendron in the corner. Hoping that can give me some cover. I'll need to be patient though lol.
    Enjoy your Skype call. X
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • Trendyjenny
    Trendyjenny Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    i'm pushing for a Christmas wedding. didn't realise how many things you need to plan !!!!! lol

hugs to everyone
  • Treasurequeen
    Treasurequeen Posts: 615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Congratulations Jenny, there is so much to plan pinterest have some lovely wedding ideas though. My cousin is getting married on 20th December so its technically a Christmas (week) wedding I am so excited. Sorry I have not been on here lately I am having a tough time where I am living as I am being bullied. The other people living in my block of flats have started a hate campaign against me for no apparent reason. So its like living in hell at the moment.

On the Christmas front a friend of mine has commissioned a wooden sign in the shape of a saw with ' my shed is my paradise' written on it. Its made from old railway sleepers. My grandad used to work on the railway so it will be a fitting Christmas present. It would look good on the front of his potting shed. Got it at a discount price so still have a bit left to spend on him so will probably get his a toffee selection box as he loves toffees.

I have bought two glass candle holders with LED battery tea lights in it to go on my table. I think I might keep them out all year round though as they are so pretty. They would look good as wedding table decorations too. I got two for £4.99. I was planning on using them as table decorations for my Christmas table but I don't think I can save them just for Christmas.

Hope everyone is well
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    NIC your neighbour sounds horrible, it must be rotten for you. Is there nothing the council can do about his music? Do other neighbours feel the same? Fingers crossed he moves or his power fails!

TREASUREQUEEN that's awful, I absolutely hate bullying in any shape or form. Don't let them get to you, keep talking to us. That pressie for your grandad sounds great and very thoughtful. Def use the lights all year, I have my fairy lights all year round.

Just popping on to say I'm surrounded by boxes and it's horrible but we're moving on Friday so not long now. Might not have internet for a day or so but hopefully I'll be back on here at the weekend. Hope everyone is ok.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Peppapig Hope the house move goes as planned with no mishaps! :)

Sorry that I've not been posting lately but real life has been too busy. I always read along though.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • Treasurequeen
    Treasurequeen Posts: 615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Peppa hope the move goes ok on Friday.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Peppa hope the move goes smoothly on Friday - just make sure the takeaway menu is to hand for dinner that night.

Boo to those suffering nasty neighbours I really don't understand why people try and actively make other people's lives miserable or are so selfish.

nic2075 does he bring his music outside? Perhaps a sprinkler in the garden that 'accidentally' goes over the fence and short circuits the thing would get the message across ;)

Just had a despatch notice on fleabay for a butterfly necklace and bracelet to go in my nieces jewellery box for her b'day.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291623446694?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening everyone, sorry I am not regularly posting I just cant seem to snap out of this black hole and I don't want to bring everyone down with me. But I just wanted to say:

PEPPAPIG I hope your move goes well and very smoothly for you and you will be very happy in your new home

NIC your neighbour sounds vile I really feel for you. Our neighbours like their music but we seem to have the same taste in music so its not so bad, unless I am trying to sleep that is sometimes we have pub kicking out time music sessions but not too often thank gawd

TREASUREQUEEN oh honey that sounds very grim, keep your chin up my lovely and I hope you can report it or get it sorted you cant live like that. I really don't know what is wrong with people that they revel in other peoples misery

VULPIX thankyou for the xxxxxxxxxx that did make me smile my lovely
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Free you sound like you need a hug. Don't feel you can't post on here - even if you just need to write your thoughts down somewhere it can help xx
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Options
    Free, please, post as often as you like, we are all here to support you, you have given so much to us all on here.
    Peppa, big day, eh? hope it all goes well for you, just remember that Rome wasn't built in a day.
    Treasure Queen, what nasty people in your neighbourhood, l hope you can get some help, do you have a landlord you can approach, is there a tenancy behaviour statement? or, if it is down to you to cope, send for us, hobnail boots, loud voices and l'll even make them eat my cooking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure