I don't believe you.

Sorry.
  • gerlep
    gerlep Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't believe you.

Sorry.
    Hahaha, surprise surprise, another layer of superiority peels away. Ok how do i post the PDF of the letter?
  • Farmerbob
    Farmerbob Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 February 2018 at 10:16AM
    Options
    Im sure even if you quickly summarise the main points of complaint and their findings that should just about cover it.

The experts on here are the first on here to admit where they have provided wrong information (youll have seen it if you,ve creeped about long enough) however given the little we have to go on we cant even work out if its due to a change of legislation/process even since they provided their original advice or in fact what RBSs error in their earlier investigation was. The important thing here is the journey to the destination not just the destination (payout) perhaps your case had added complexities that 99% of other cases dont

Take the example of Pleven refunds a few years back if youd asked any of us if after a PPI complaint had been rejected most if not all would say theres no recourse after that, then came a court case and now a lot of us are flush with refunds, does not make the information wrong but after the fact.
  • gerlep
    Options
    Farmerbob wrote: »
    Im sure even if you quickly summarise the main points of complaint and their findings that should just about cover it.

The experts on here are the first on here to admit where they have provided wrong information (youll have seen it if you,ve creeped about long enough) however given the little we have to go on we cant even work out if its due to a change of legislation/process even since they provided their original advice or in fact what RBSs error in their earlier investigation was. The important thing here is the journey to the destination not just the destination (payout) perhaps your case had added complexities that 99% of other cases dont

Take the example of Pleven refunds a few years back if youd asked any of us if after a PPI complaint had been rejected most if not all would say theres no recourse after that, then came a court case and now a lot of us are flush with refunds, does not make the information wrong but after the fact.
    I hear what you are saying, but if I'd listened to the advice here, i would have stopped pursuing, even though i knew i was unfairly judged. I persevered, and got my refund. The reason i returned here was not to gloat, but to let them know I got a result, to be met with heads going in the sand, and the appropriately named moneyineptitude calling me a liar! if i was at the thick end of this forum, I'd be asking how I did it, and using it as empirical evidence going forward. I won't hold my breath.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    but if I'd listened to the advice here, i would have stopped pursuing, even though i knew i was unfairly judged.

But you never said that you felt the decision was wrong. If you had, we would have asked you why. The FOS give you a chance to say why you think its wrong. So, when they have heard that and made their decisions then that is final unless significant new information comes to light that can change the decision.

Nobody can be prepared for a bank to suddenly pay out with no reason after the FOS has deemed it a successful timebar. Its rare. Although it has happened before but not due to the individual but an internal review of decisions that altered the outcome (that happened with no consumer action). Indeed, that could be the case here based on your earlier post.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • gerlep
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    But you never said that you felt the decision was wrong. If you had, we would have asked you why. The FOS give you a chance to say why you think its wrong. So, when they have heard that and made their decisions then that is final unless significant new information comes to light that can change the decision.

Nobody can be prepared for a bank to suddenly pay out with no reason after the FOS has deemed it a successful timebar. Its rare. Although it has happened before but not due to the individual but an internal review of decisions that altered the outcome (that happened with no consumer action). Indeed, that could be the case here based on your earlier post.
    What??? I said in the very first post on this thread. Jeez!!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    gerlep wrote: »
    What??? I said in the very first post on this thread. Jeez!!

Just looked at post #1 again and I see nothing from you giving a reason why you think the decision was wrong.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • societys_child
    Options
    Sometimes, threads need locking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills