PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Options

Comments

• Ocelot
    Ocelot Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The kitchen and dining room have been miraculously cleaned halfway through the pictures...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67089302.html
  • Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ocelot wrote: »
    The kitchen and dining room have been miraculously cleaned halfway through the pictures...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67089302.html

Looks like the agent took so long taking photos the residents managed to move out half way through!
  • Mardle
    Mardle Posts: 518 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Either next door sold it, or they knew how big it was when they viewed. Can't see a problem myself.

I doubt it ever belonged to next door. Have a look at satellite and streetview. They've built the new house in the ten foot that gave access to an area at the back of the houses.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Mardle wrote: »
    I doubt it ever belonged to next door. Have a look at satellite and streetview. They've built the new house in the ten foot that gave access to an area at the back of the houses.

Have done all sorts of peering at street view/satellite/etc - but can't make out whether that's so.

It's a nice street - little bit of green etc (though I'd be worried now that this house has gone in the gap that someone would be after it trying to build on it).

Raises the question - are people actually allowed to join a new house onto an existing house if the owner of existing house objects? That's two houses that have been turned from end terrace into mid-terrace by this house - so I was wondering if an objection to that from one or both houses would have been sufficient to prevent it being built?
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options

Raises the question - are people actually allowed to join a new house onto an existing house if the owner of existing house objects?
    The are many caveats, so it depends..... but the short answer is "Yes."
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mardle wrote: »

Not in East Yorkshire are you?
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    The are many caveats, so it depends..... but the short answer is "Yes."

Crikey.............:eek:
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Crikey.............:eek:
    I'm pretty sure that my first home, an end terrace, will be added-to in the not too distant future, or there will be a minute gap left between it and the house built in the space where garages sit now.

I couldn't afford to buy the garage attached when it came up for sale, just after I'd purchased. It went to a third party who didn't live in the road.

To be honest, if I were still there, I'd not want a minute gap and I'd rather join to it. It would be a cavity wall, so reasonably sound resistant.
  • Ocelot
    Ocelot Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Penitent wrote: »
    I'm more concerned about the body bag in the living room (pic 3). Maybe that explains where the occupants disappeared to. ;)

Also have to give them credit for originality. Never seen someone use pompoms instead of curtains before. New trend?

Yes, that does look rather body-sized.

There's also another scary (albeit small) doll in pic 7.
  • Newtown
    Newtown Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills