* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• princesskitty29
    princesskitty29 Posts: 1,273 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hi all, I meant to post this yesterday:

Halfway%20to%20Christmas_zpscvxjuru0.jpg

We're on our way!
  • princesskitty29
    princesskitty29 Posts: 1,273 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    We decided to take ourselves on a day trip yesterday and I’m so glad we did, well I say ‘day trip’, we were there for four hours and came home for Wiggle’s nap but we packed so much in. We went to Southend-on-Sea, the sun was shining the whole time and we had a lovely time. It was the first time Wiggle had properly played on the beach and he loved it! He was building sandcastles and running around everywhere! We had ice-cream, chips, went on the train ride in the Adventure Park and went on the pier. All the things you do by the Great British seaside!

Prinzessilein hello and welcome! You are DEFINITELY welcome to join us – the more the merrier! It’s lovely to hear all about your Christmas plans, they sound lovely. I’m a keen cross stitcher and planned to stitch all of my Christmas cards – I think I’ve only managed about four so far! I think I might need to get my emergency Christmas cards out later in the year… :p

Pinksteps unfortunately I don’t know anything about that condition but I hope now that he has been diagnosed things start to improve for him and you can move forward.

Treasurequeen I’m rubbish with ideas for things like that. What about one of those old newspapers from their wedding day?

Peppapig I used a pencil and didn’t think anything of it, but now people are talking about it I do find it strange that we used something that could so easily be changed! I suppose I just have to have my faith in the system! I’m sorry you’ve been feeling down about your hair, my friend got some wigs when she was going through chemo, she loved them and you honestly couldn’t tell! I’m glad to hear you had a lovely few days away, it sounds just like what you needed.

vulpix I wish more people thought like you so everyone wasn’t fighting. I’m not telling anyone how I voted and I wouldn’t abuse someone for a different opinion to mine. This is the whole point of living in a democracy.

Anyway, as I mentioned in my previous post we're now over half way to Christmas! How exciting! I must get myself into gear, every year I say i'm going to be ready by December and I ALWAYS end up doing stuff last minute, and as I say every year - THIS YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT! :p:D:xmastree:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pinksteps wrote: »
    Hi, I need to catch up here but wanted to say that my GP called me last night and youngest DS has Pernicious Anaemia which was discovered in last weeks blood tests. It looks like the missing link to his problems. He begins intense treatment Wednesday and in time will be on lifelong injections. I am purposely not reading anything up online (I never do as it always leads to something scary). But I would be interested if anyone else has any dealings with this condition. GP has been brilliant as well, saying we will try and get the first injections in him but if he's distressed with his ASD and other problems then he will arrange home visits.

Has he had injections before ? As you know Hannah lights up when she has to have blood tests and any kind of injection she is one freaky child !! I hope you start to see the results quickly.
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Morning! Hope everyone is as well as can be given their individual circumstances x

prinzessilei-welcome, this is definitely THE place to be for Christmas chatter!

Vulpix- the mammogram is probably just a new routine implemented in the check up process x

Peppa- glad the new 'look' is cheering you up and that the short change of scenery has given you a happier start to this week x

Pinksteps- Ive never come across it, but hopefully this is the missing link that will help you to get him on the road to better health x

Chrissy- the logic of those on the spectrum is sometimes laughable - my DNs come out with some real doozies at times.

Princesskitty- woohoo we are on the countdown! Your day out sounds lovely . As far as the referendum Im with you, I cant understand how people can be so personal and nasty when politics don't go their way. If nothing else, this result gives us a vehicle for negotiation - democracy at its best.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend x
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • girlinayellowdress
    Options
    vulpix wrote: »
    Mornin!

Pinksteps.I googled pernicious anaemia as I had no knowledge of it.It does sound like your son may be able to have tablets eventually instead of injections,lets hope so,tablets are preferable in my book.It also sounds like he will feel a lot better once treatment starts.It must be a relief for you to have a diagnosis.

Thank you, I've added tablets to my list of questions X
    CHRISSYG wrote: »
    Has he had injections before ? As you know Hannah lights up when she has to have blood tests and any kind of injection she is one freaky child !! I hope you start to see the results quickly.

This is the exact reason the GP might visit at home. He only had his first ever blood tests this year at the age of 19 and was fine having bloods taken but it was the direct aftermath. The poor blood taking ladies and the people in the waiting room. I did give the nurse a heads up about the autism (thankfully), but the minute she said it was all finished he blurts out " oh my god, I can no longer be a master criminal, my dna is in the system".
    He has had all vaccinations up until preschool (where I could hold him down), but none since. He believes them injecting him with unknown chemicals will make him normal and he doesn't want normality. There really is no reasoning with him so I let him get on with it and try to steer him in the right direction. Wednesday will prove interesting :rotfl:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pinksteps wrote: »
    Thank you, I've added tablets to my list of questions X

This is the exact reason the GP might visit at home. He only had his first ever blood tests this year at the age of 19 and was fine having bloods taken but it was the direct aftermath. The poor blood taking ladies and the people in the waiting room. I did give the nurse a heads up about the autism (thankfully), but the minute she said it was all finished he blurts out " oh my god, I can no longer be a master criminal, my dna is in the system".
    He has had all vaccinations up until preschool (where I could hold him down), but none since. He believes them injecting him with unknown chemicals will make him normal and he doesn't want normality. There really is no reasoning with him so I let him get on with it and try to steer him in the right direction. Wednesday will prove interesting :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Hannah had to have a filling years ago I was so worried I made her dad take her she was fine with everything except the length of time it took she told the dentist if he didn't hurry up she would bit him , luckily for him he was just about finished. Thank fully she hasn't needed anymore.
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening everyone, my laptop has been poorly so i havent been on, luckily DS friend has sorted it but it is on its way out, its quite ancient!! But it will do for me and what i need to do.

MURIE i hope you are ok, i noticed you havent been on much :)

CHRISSY i am the same lived in a bungalow now for nearly 17 years and i am terrible with stairs now, i go a bit giddy coming down them and have to hold on going up and down :D love DDs logic, i dont know why but i thought your DD was a bit of a goth for some reason, going by previous things you have bought her or was that just a phase :D

PRINCESSKITTY i totally agree with you, whats happened to this country? The way people are treating each other is disgusting and the things being said are just awful, i have never seen this country so ripped apart as it is now, i just hope people can move on and we all make this a better country to live in peacefully.
    Your day at the seaside sounded perfect, glad you had a lovely day out

PRINZESSILEIN hi and welcome to our thread, you will fit right in here, i too love my christmas baking although i go totally over the top, this year i have promised myself i wont :rotfl:

PINKSTEPS fingers crossed it is the missing link and they can now help him enjoy a better quality of life, i hope the injections dont cause him too much stress and you of course :)

TREASUREQUEEN my first thought was the same as SPRINGDREAMS a golden rose, i love the 50 things gold hamper idea, although i dont know how hard that will be to complete

LAZYSHEEP totally love the gold things hamper i am saving that idea

PEPPAPIG aww honey its no surprise you havent been feeling yourself, you have been so strong throughout this whole ordeal, im so glad you are happy with the wigs and they make you feel so much better about yourself, it makes a huge difference to your mood. Also glad you had a fab time away, as they say a change is as good as a rest x

VULPIX im so glad you feel you made the right decision to move to the area you live in now, and the people are so much nicer. I hope the mammogram goes well, how long do you have to wait for it? You are also a very strong lady dont let it get you down as you say it is probably routine x

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Pablosmummy
    Pablosmummy Posts: 378 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello, thought I'd join in as it's half way through the year and I need to start getting sorted properly.
    Just started back on swagbucks to try and get a little bit of extra money by Christmas, going to look into other survey sites while the kids are in bed tonight.
    I started a lace knitted shawl for my gran a while ago which is meant to be for Christmas but it's going very slowly... Im also making a crochet c2c Christmas blanket ( sorry no idea how to do links on my phone but it's from repeat crafter me) which is actually flying along nicely, two more squares and about 5 million rows of border to go ha.
    My pinterest board is getting full of ideas for gifts and food (om nom baked camembert here I come)
    I'm just so excited about Christmas! My children will be 3 and 4 this year so we can really do the magic of father Christmas etc

Hope to get to know you and pick up some ideas along the way.
    May Grocery Challenge -£216/400
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon,
    Oh dear have I got ALOT of catching up to do!!
    I appreciate everyone's lovely thoughts earlier this month :) it really means a lot. free I have been over on the TTC boards and it has really helped having so many people who too have been through the same thing, thank you.
    We had a lovely holiday, it was just the ticket we needed and I am now feeling so much more refreshed! Just been trying to keep up to date at home/work and time just flies by. So I will do my best to catch up as much as I can.
    As I haven't read yet - hugs to those in need, hooray for any good news and happy birthday to everyone I have missed.

xx
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, it is a right cba type of day today, i think its because i had DD1 at home last week and shes gone back to work today :(

:bdaycake:SORRY BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES TO DROPSOFJUPITER N MSGIGGLEWICK :bdaycake:

PABLOSMUMMY hi and welcome to our thread, the christmas blanket sounds a lovely thing to make throughout the year

NEWTHRIFT oh you are welcome my lovely,i know it helps when other people are going through the same thing as you, i am so glad your break did you the world of good and you are feeling refreshed x
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure