Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    OP, if you are replacing your TV, I'd recommend future proofing it
    All the SMART functionality of our TVs and Blu-Ray players (purchased in 2012) have now disappeared (except for BBC services).

Panasonic and Sony branded and not supermarket cheapies either.

So hardly "future proof".
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Money... - My TV is an LG and all my apps still work fine. It's a 2013 model. Mainly use the Now TV one, but have used others in the past few months with no issue. Have you got it connected to t'internet? Or maybe it's just LG are good at updating apps. My Panasonic Blu ray player does have apps, but I don't have it connected up much these days, to know either way.
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    All the SMART functionality of our TVs and Blu-Ray players (purchased in 2012) have now disappeared (except for BBC services).

Smart platforms were still pretty immature at that time. Now that they've stabalised a bit, I think (hope) that this will be a less common problem.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Money... - My TV is an LG and all my apps still work fine. It's a 2013 model. Mainly use the Now TV one, but have used others in the past few months with no issue. Have you got it connected to t'internet? Or maybe it's just LG are good at updating apps. My Panasonic Blu ray player does have apps, but I don't have it connected up much these days, to know either way.
    Amazon wrote informing me that they were withdrawing support for my older Sony and Panasonic TV and Blu-Rays. Not sure about Netflix as I've never subscribed. Only BBC remains.

Amazon did offer a Firestick at 50% reduction...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure