Equifax Scandal Has it gone too far?

Options

Comments

• cjmillsnun
    cjmillsnun Posts: 615 Forumite
    edited 14 September 2017 at 8:21PM
    Options
    And those rights (your rights) are about to be strengthened. under the new data protection laws from the EU which the government have confirmed the UK will adopt in full despite Brexit.
    2.88 kWp System, SE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 240W Conergy Panels, Samil Solar River Inverter, Havant, Hampshire. Installed July 2012, acquired by me on purchase of house in August 2017
  • Dataless
    Options
    The most appealing aspect of new rules are that they can fine a company 5% of their worldwide turnover as a fine, however, as the ICO are not even using the paltry £500k now I am not that hopeful.

The new changes will not give us the ability to stop credit reference databases from using our data without our consent and for purposes we do not approve.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    IAmWales wrote: »
    Lost the will to live after the first few paragraphs.

If you want anybody to take you seriously you need to drastically edit your post.

You did well, I think I started losing the will after about 5 lines... ;)

It’s like

a9c.png
    ====
  • sargeantsalt
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    You did well, I think I started losing the will after about 5 lines... ;)

It’s like

a9c.png

d123: It's like you when you encounter a 'privacy policy' and just click 'OK' without reading it, giving the CRA permission to do whatever they like with your data.
  • tenchy
    tenchy Posts: 486 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    d123: It's like you when you encounter a 'privacy policy' and just click 'OK' without reading it, giving the CRA permission to do whatever they like with your data.

You should see a recent thread about Welsh Water. It seems like the credit reference agencies and their customers don't need your permission at all, to do anything.

I am very concerned about this driving licence issue. They have no business with that sort of information at all. I think the clue is in their name ..CREDIT.. that's fine, but driving licences? I notice your explanation about this on another thread.
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    People thought David icke was a nutter...now its been proven he was right all along.

So considering were all under the influence of the Lizard king (Hollywood blockbuster due out soon) i really wouldn't worry about Data protection.

Besides Mr Lizard king (Really must get his hair sorted) will be nuking the Panda King soon enough...with a thermonuclear apocalyptic world with 90% devastation who will give a flick.

Or as my dear old Nanna used to say "Suck it up sweethearts..you"ll all be dead soon".
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't really care about what people do with my "data" I have other more important things to be thinking about.
  • sargeantsalt
    Options
    meer53 wrote: »
    I don't really care about what people do with my "data" I have other more important things to be thinking about.

Genuine question: What types of things would you consider to be more important than "data"?
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There is already a lot of this out in the public domain. I was selling a couple of tickets online locally due to a change of circumstances, and approached by someone who wanted to use paypal. I was a bit cautious and although I only knew his name and town he lived in, soon found out where he lived, who with, age, etc to reassure me he was a genuine buyer, and agreed to sell - it did spook him out a bit when I named his address when I said did he want them posting there.

It is shocking that the execs did start selling without any supposed knowledge of the breach. It is also shocking that they are offering those affected effectively an extended free trial to add-on ID protection services - unless they are guaranteeing no auto-renewal option on them for when the free service ends.
  • tenchy
    tenchy Posts: 486 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nic_c wrote: »
    There is already a lot of this out in the public domain. I was selling a couple of tickets online locally due to a change of circumstances, and approached by someone who wanted to use paypal. I was a bit cautious and although I only knew his name and town he lived in, soon found out where he lived, who with, age, etc to reassure me he was a genuine buyer, and agreed to sell - it did spook him out a bit when I named his address when I said did he want them posting there.

It is shocking that the execs did start selling without any supposed knowledge of the breach. It is also shocking that they are offering those affected effectively an extended free trial to add-on ID protection services - unless they are guaranteeing no auto-renewal option on them for when the free service ends.

I'm curious as to how you found out that stuff about him - 192.com or similar? They only have edited electoral register data.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure