Ashamed to be back again

Options

Comments

• comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Would The Cinnamon Trust, a charity that walks dogs for housebound people help?
  • skintandfat
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    Wasn't it an invention of Cameron and/or Iain Duncan Smith in the Welfare Reform Act 2012?

I wasn't aware of it before that, and as far as I know, Labour has always been negative about it.

Whether they could afford to make all the changes they have suggested is another question.

The Tories extended the bedroom tax to social housing, Labour introduced it for private sector rents in 2007
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,504 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    The Tories introduced the bedroom tax to social housing in 2013, Labour introduced LHA rates for private sector rents in 2007

Corrected that for you...
  • PippaGirl_2
    Options
    Today the bank have assured me they will refuse any attempts from Wonga to take money from my account. They're sending me a letter to confirm this.

I have also read in detail the info from Wonga about cancelling the CPA and followed that to a T. Do I set up a standing order to pay them £1 per month to make them the same as the other 3 creditors?

Once my SOA is sorted into reasonable figures I will contact national debtline for advice. I'm really hoping a DRO is possible.
    "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." Dalai Lama
  • PippaGirl_2
    Options
    comeandgo wrote: »
    Would The Cinnamon Trust, a charity that walks dogs for housebound people help?

I will look into that though there are no walks here within walking distance so she'd need transporting to walking places and sheds fur like you wouldn't believe so she wouldn't be the most popular dog to transport. Plus she swims or rolls in any wet mud or water and stinks the car out on the return journey. I miss having a car, when I had a car I could drive her places and sit and let her run around etc the loss of my ancient car has had a major affect on the family.

Thanks everyone for your help.
    "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." Dalai Lama
  • Piggywinkle
    Options
    PippaGirl wrote: »
    II I don't have to leave my cashminder account with the co-op I won't, so I won't be switching anything over until I know for sure. They've been brilliant and really helpful.

I went BR in September last year (a matter of days until I'm discharged!) but I called up Co-op first about my Cashminder account. They didn't mind a bit that I was going BR and when I did they didn't bat an eyelid. Give them a call beforehand if you want to put your mind at rest.
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    Options
    PippaGirl wrote: »
    I will look into that though there are no walks here within walking distance so she'd need transporting to walking places and sheds fur like you wouldn't believe so she wouldn't be the most popular dog to transport. Plus she swims or rolls in any wet mud or water and stinks the car out on the return journey. I miss having a car, when I had a car I could drive her places and sit and let her run around etc the loss of my ancient car has had a major affect on the family.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Look into friendly neighbourhood groups too.

My local area has one that does this sort of thing, as well as prescription runs, household help etc for people in need. It's linked to the Town Council but totally run by people in our town. Look up your local town/parish council to see if something similar exists around you.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • PippaGirl_2
    Options
    I went BR in September last year (a matter of days until I'm discharged!) but I called up Co-op first about my Cashminder account. They didn't mind a bit that I was going BR and when I did they didn't bat an eyelid. Give them a call beforehand if you want to put your mind at rest.

Yet another Stepchange incorrect advice. Emotionally, I wish I'd never phoned them. Even phoning the Co-operative bank this morning about stopping the Wonga payment, they couldn't have been more helpful or reassuring.
  • PippaGirl_2
    Options
    Thanks Pippa, I'll check that tomorrow.
    DD

Have you had a moment to go over my SOA yet debtdoctor? I worry you're doing too much and I shouldn't be pushing :embarasse:
  • Pobby
    Pobby Posts: 5,438 Forumite
    Options
    Pippa, no advice here but thinking about you. I have had mental health problems and it is no fun. Just keep posting and I am very sure that you will get this sorted. My very best wishes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure