Oliver27 Posts: 608 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Haha dont be cruel, I am sure everyone who gets it will be fine
    there is enough training by the sound of it
    :)
    from the I.T crowd tv show
    [Roy receiving a tech support call, answers after 15 rings with a sigh]]
    Roy: Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    Roy: Well, the button on the side, is it glowing?
    Roy: Yeah, you need to turn it on.
    Roy: The button turns it on.
    Roy: You DO know how a button works, don't you?
    Roy: No, not on clothes.
  • TheWaltons_3
    TheWaltons_3 Posts: 1,203 Forumite
    Options
    Other phone job, I dread to think ! LOL o/j

Yesss I dread taking the calls too! ;)

Tech Support is better than W*****g support :eek:
  • TheWaltons_3
    Options
    Hi guys, I passed the computer spec test and got the email advising me that the workbooth cd is on its way. Did you guys get the phone call before or after the cd arrived, as of yet I have had no phone call.... ?

Cheers.

I got the call BEFORE the CD - I haven't received the CD and the Guy told me it would be sent after today (next phonecall).
  • yasmin911
    Options
    Hi, I have just applied for this. Only half completed my form last night but it must have been submitted as I got e mail today asking to test PC! Can anyone help here please bcos when it comes to the bit which says submit, I do this then nothing happens??? http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/images/smilies/confused-smiley-013.gif :confused:
  • mustbemad
    mustbemad Posts: 614 Forumite
    Options
    yasmin911 wrote: »
    Hi, I have just applied for this. Only half completed my form last night but it must have been submitted as I got e mail today asking to test PC! Can anyone help here please bcos when it comes to the bit which says submit, I do this then nothing happens??? http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/images/smilies/confused-smiley-013.gif :confused:

Hi, did you notice that another window opens up where you have to put your hirepoint id, name and email address?

Just a thought,

MBM x
  • mustbemad
    Options
    I thought I was going to fall at the first hurdle there for a minute! I just did the pc test and it failed me first time, said our network wasnt fast enough :mad: This is quite true as though we pay for up to 8 meg, we only get a palty 1 :sad: The strange thing about it though was that I had the laptop plugged straight into the router via ethernet when it failed. It only passed after I went back to wireless again :confused: I would have thought it would have been faster plugged in! Maybe tech support isnt for me lol.

Like peacock3022, I got an email saying I am being sent a cd next and will be phoned if my pc passes the next test. Maybe its because the lappie failed the test first time around?

Good luck everyone applying :D

MBM x
  • Buggins
    Buggins Posts: 344 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there - just a quick question. I was about to start the computer testing when a pop up told me that it was from an unverified digital signature. Does anyone know if this is a problem. Don't want to download dodgy software! Does anyone actually work for these people - I'm a little concerned that it could be a scam!
    Thanks
  • TheWaltons_3
    Options
    Buggins wrote: »
    Hi there - just a quick question. I was about to start the computer testing when a pop up told me that it was from an unverified digital signature. Does anyone know if this is a problem. Don't want to download dodgy software! Does anyone actually work for these people - I'm a little concerned that it could be a scam!
    Thanks

It isn't a scam. I got told it was a threat too. You wouldn't get so much training and checking if it was a scam. Were you asked to send £50???? :D
  • mustbemad
    Options
    Buggins wrote: »
    Thanks

I got that to, but I have Vista and Vista even balks at opening my picture folder!!

I'm sure it will be okay, they seem genuine enough to me anyway.

MBM x
  • penny_pincher_7
    Options
    when i try and do the systems check on the computer it comes up with acsess violation?????? can anyone help please thank you xx
    :iloveyou:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport