How do i get my money back from Buyacar.com?

Options
2»

Comments

• EdGasketTheSecond
    Options
    What use is a deposit if you can just get it back if you change your mind? No use at all. So most likely you won't get it back.
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What use is a deposit if you can just get it back if you change your mind? No use at all. So most likely you won't get it back.

Consumer rights beat any Terms and Conditions. Distance sales have a cooling off period, by law.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There's nothing in the OP's post to indicate that cooling-off would apply. He paid over the phone, but he may have signed at the dealer.
    He simply went off and agreed to buy another vehicle without even asking the original vendor if he could cancel without losing his deposit.
    This isn't being 'literally robbed', it's just classic buyer's remorse because they didn't bother to do any research until they'd already contracted to buy.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,239 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Did you sign the vehicle order form?

Can I cancel after ordering?

If you have a change of heart, you can cancel at any time before you sign the Vehicle Order for a full refund of the reservation deposit.

Once you sign the Vehicle Order, we will secure the car for you and preparation for delivery will begin. At this point, the reservation deposit will no longer be refundable under the conditions of our Reservation Service, should you need to cancel.

https://www.buyacar.co.uk/cars/594/returns-and-cancellations
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport