Closed Vodafone account showing as active

Options
Hi,

I took out a sim only deal approx. 2 years ago with Vodafone. My own mobile provider topped Vodafones deal, so i stayed with my original contract.

I cancelled Vodafone within the 14 day cooling off period in the shop i took the contract out.

Ive had no problems with the account, or been chased for any monies.

The Vodafone account has remained active on my credit files ever since.

I would like this account to be showing as closed.

One for Lee at Vodafone, if you could PM me please......?

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi,

I took out a sim only deal approx. 2 years ago with Vodafone. My own mobile provider topped Vodafones deal, so i stayed with my original contract.

I cancelled Vodafone within the 14 day cooling off period in the shop i took the contract out.

Ive had no problems with the account, or been chased for any monies.

The Vodafone account has remained active on my credit files ever since.

I would like this account to be showing as closed.

One for Lee at Vodafone, if you could PM me please......?

Any reason you can't go to the Vodafone thread and follow the instructions that have been posted hundreds of times?
    ====
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Lee can't "pm" you.

You don't get a 14 day "cooling off" period in a shop - unless it was part of Vodafone's own (generous) t&c at the time. Perhaps they were generous to you, since it's showing as "active" and not missed payments etc.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just contact them directly?
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi steve4mandy,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

As company representatives don't have access to PM's on MSE, please email me via the form here with the relevant account details so I can help you further.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure