The Edcawber Principle

Options

Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'll try and do a more substantial update later, but bargain hunters should be aware that Lidl are selling 40 packs of their cracking dishwasher tablets half price at £1.99 today. An absolute bargain, I picked up my maximum allowed shop of six boxes shortly after 8 this morning :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    That is a great buy.

Hope the job is going well.
    Enjoy your weekend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    I'll try and do a more substantial update later, but bargain hunters should be aware that Lidl are selling 40 packs of their cracking dishwasher tablets half price at £1.99 today. An absolute bargain, I picked up my maximum allowed shop of six boxes shortly after 8 this morning :rotfl:

Aha! Only just seen this - it explains why no dishwasher tablets in Lidl or Morries!
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • edinburgher
    Options
    £69.80 paid off a credit card last night after my run. No fun statistics to share, just good old fashioned debt grinding. It all feels a bit laborious at the moment :o

Taking a break from MB until the new year, I feel the time spent would be better spent having a lie in ;)

Hope everyone is managing to keep dry, it's miserable out.
  • beanielou
    Options
    It is exactly that. Laborious is exextly how it is :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• edinburgher
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    It is exactly that. Laborious is exextly how it is :(

Keep plugging away, eh? £70.67 paid off a CC. Will dip under £17k next month :)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Keep plugging away, eh? £70.67 paid off a CC. Will dip under £17k next month :)

Thats just great :)

• Suffolk_lass
    Options
    That's where we started, around £17k of unsecured debt and a large mortgage. There is a magic snowball effect but it just feels a bit futile for a while, I know. I am sure I have said before I Tilly-Tidy the bank accounts after each payment, into my "slush-fund" instant saver (b-all interest) and use this to overpay at the end of each month - it feels a bit pathetic but it does mount up. And sticking to it (with a few hiccoughs and treats) means the extra bits when one thing is paid off, soon ramps up the debt repayment against the other things. Your family will thank you when that money is for you and can fund university, DD's first car, or a house deposit. I know you like a nice spreadsheet, you could do a bit of modelling and extrapolating to keep your interest high when your payments are low (at this time of the month)
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Thanks SL, that sounds like a great idea. In totally unrelated news, I am reading my way through your DFD :)

DD has not been sleeping well, so Mrs E and I are both knackered. I had a wee sneaky half day today and went for a pint in the Merchant City before the bus home. Over £5!! :eek:

I was mortified, but it's not like they can unpour a pint, so no regrets ;) I have transferred the money from my pocket money pot before I forgot :D
  • beanielou
    Options
    Blimey.
    That is some price :eek:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback