Eon Smart Meters

Options
Had my Gen2 meters fitted last week and quite like having the display unit showing daily usage-it always catch my eye and is good for seeing what you are using.

one question though is does the daily gas/electric combined usage display include an element of daily standing charge too ?

I ask because before heading to bed at night it could read say £1.00 usage then presumably it resets in the early hours to Zero but when I get up in the morning theres already £0.25 odd pence on the display before Ive used anything. Sure there is the fridge and freezer and internet router on standby all night but just not sure how to interpret this daily spend amount............

Comments

• Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Perhaps if you posted this in the correct section "Energy", rather than "LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels", you may stand a better chance of getting an answer.

That is where the Eon reps tend to lurk.

Perhaps the BGs could get it moved. :)
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Darenth87 wrote: »
    Had my Gen2 meters fitted last week and quite like having the display unit showing daily usage-it always catch my eye and is good for seeing what you are using.

one question though is does the daily gas/electric combined usage display include an element of daily standing charge too ?

I ask because before heading to bed at night it could read say £1.00 usage then presumably it resets in the early hours to Zero but when I get up in the morning theres already £0.25 odd pence on the display before Ive used anything. Sure there is the fridge and freezer and internet router on standby all night but just not sure how to interpret this daily spend amount............

Hello Darenth87 and glad you like the In-Home Display (IHD).

We've used different types of IHD and it depends which one you have. As we've installed SMETS2 meters, I suspect you've the Chameleon IHD3.

If you have, the 'used so far' screens don't include standing charges, VAT or discounts. The 'bill so far' screen does include standing charges but not VAT, discounts or any payments already made. Also, the gas conversion isn't 100% accurate.

Hope this helps and sorry if I've picked the wrong IHD.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • DawnCrush
    DawnCrush Posts: 220 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mister_G wrote: »

Perhaps the BGs could get it moved. :)

elsiepac, Dobbibill

They could do, but they do not read every post on the board, so it usually needs to be requested it by PM. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure