Plusnet

Options
Hi, I am in need of some advice please.
I was with plusnet for my home phone and internet. I had issues with true internet connection as it was constantly dropping so I decided to move to another provider. I rang plus net and it was confirmed that there would be no charges if I moved.
I moved to a new provider in March 2019 and then in in September I received this email from plusnet
While you cancelled your account with us a while ago, we need to let you know that we've encountered a delay in sending out your final bill.
We're working hard on getting this fixed and hope to have it with you within the next month – we'll be in touch if it's going to be any longer than that.
If the bill contains charges, these will only be for a maximum of three months of service and usage - if it was longer than three months between your last bill and when you cancelled your account then please be reassured we aren't charging for the full period. Any balance will be payable immediately via your usual payment method. If there's a minus value in front of the total, this means we owe you a refund. This will be sent back to the payment method linked to your account.

We're sorry for the time it's taking to fix this issue, we know it's not the service you expect from Plusnet but we're working hard to put things right. There's nothing you need to do, but if you have any questions please get in touch on 0800 432 0200.

I did online chat to question this and have since received an e

Comments

• gemmaslater2011
    Options
    I received another email to say the amount has been waived but they have since emailed so say this was not right and the amount is still outstanding. I believe I don’t owe this as I was told there would be no charges and that I have the email to say it has been waived.
    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    "no charges" would have been there was no charge for ending your broadband and phone with Plusnet which suggests you were out of contract at the time anyway.

That's not the same thing as having and using the services which you will still have to pay for and you probably already have, since Plusnet like all the providers take payments a month in advance so the chances are they owe you money.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you owe the money or not?

Ignore the wonky email, you must be able to figure out from your last payment if you owe them money or not.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi, I am in need of some advice please.
    I was with plusnet for my home phone and internet. I had issues with true internet connection as it was constantly dropping so I decided to move to another provider. I rang plus net and it was confirmed that there would be no charges if I moved.
    I moved to a new provider in March 2019 and then in in September I received this email from plusnet
    While you cancelled your account with us a while ago, we need to let you know that we've encountered a delay in sending out your final bill.
    We're working hard on getting this fixed and hope to have it with you within the next month – we'll be in touch if it's going to be any longer than that.
    If the bill contains charges, these will only be for a maximum of three months of service and usage - if it was longer than three months between your last bill and when you cancelled your account then please be reassured we aren't charging for the full period. Any balance will be payable immediately via your usual payment method. If there's a minus value in front of the total, this means we owe you a refund. This will be sent back to the payment method linked to your account.

We're sorry for the time it's taking to fix this issue, we know it's not the service you expect from Plusnet but we're working hard to put things right. There's nothing you need to do, but if you have any questions please get in touch on 0800 432 0200.

I did online chat to question this and have since received an e
    I received another email to say the amount has been waived but they have since emailed so say this was not right and the amount is still outstanding. I believe I don’t owe this as I was told there would be no charges and that I have the email to say it has been waived.
    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Can you copy & paste the contents of both emails? Make sure no personal information is included.
  • gemmaslater2011
    Options
    This was the first email
    Hello Gemma
  • gemmaslater2011
    Options
    Then I got this which was the billing email

Your Plusnet bill's now ready to view, and you can log in here to see it.

We'll soon be taking a payment of £98.32 for your service. This will leave your account on or after 13th September 2019.

To see a full history of your payments, or to update your payment details, head over to our Member Centre.

If you've got any questions about your bill, or your account in general, you can chat to an advisor online, or give us a call on 0800 432 0200.

Best wishes,
  • gemmaslater2011
    Options
    Then after speaking to them via their online chat I received this email

Thank you for your patience.
    I have managed to resolve the matter for you. I can confirm that I will be waiving off the payment of £98.32 from the account.
    Should you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us on: 0800 432 0200. Alternatively, you can reply back to this ticket. Have a great weekend!
  • gemmaslater2011
    Options
    To then receive this

Thank you for your patience,

We have looked into the recent query regarding an outstanding bill. Upon review of your account, we have identified what the bill is for, these are early termination fee's, which you have been billed for due to cancelling your account or moving to a new provider while still in contract. I understand you were told that the outstanding bills would be waived, the services charges have indeed been waived, however we are unable to waive the Early Termination Fees. Please accept my sincere apologies for any confusion this may have caused. Kind regards,

I understand that they are saying it is due to termination fees but I was told when I called to cancel that this would not be applicable as if they had told me there would be charges I would have stayed until I could swap with out theses fees
    Thanks in advance, any advice would help.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    Options
    You cancelled a valid contract and owe the balance .
    You say they said you would not be charged . You have evidence of this ??
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    Options
    I interpreted this initially as the termination fees had been waived. But it sounds like from what you've posted they've just waived (or were going to waive) the monthly fees you pay for your service instead.

I presume you did tell Plusnet you had issues with your internet and at least gave them a chance to rectify this rather than just upping sticks and going?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure