Is it a good offer?

Options
I have received a letter from Barclaycard saying they are going to write off my dept (about £1,500) and give me £75 compensation. I have read that it’s about failings they made to contact people in 2013. I haven’t received any letters from at least 2015 about the money I owe them. Can I get a bigger compensation? How do I find out if what they are offering is reasonable?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's an excellent offer.
  • Indy315
    Indy315 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    that's a great offer, they usually aren't that generous
  • tetley
    tetley Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    wow, they are giving you £1500, what you owe, plus £75 compensation. And you want more!!!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Why would you get more compensation?

You owe them money!
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You owed them money, due to a technicality they couldn't take the money from you during that period so lucky for you, the money is wiped and you get compensation. Maybe you could pay them the £75 :)
  • Craig1981
    Craig1981 Posts: 769 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    i would feel guilty accepting that offer already!
    why would you want to even ask for more??
  • JadedAngel88
    Options
    I got a letter, thought it was a scam at first. I did default on the barclaycard I had but did pay it off in full. Got offered Just under £100 so I'm very pleased.:eek:
  • diggingdude
    diggingdude Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I think you should give the £75 to charity
    An answer isn't spam just because you don't like it......
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Luna24221 wrote: »
    I have received a letter from Barclaycard saying they are going to write off my dept (about £1,500) and give me £75 compensation. I have read that it’s about failings they made to contact people in 2013. I haven’t received any letters from at least 2015 about the money I owe them. Can I get a bigger compensation? How do I find out if what they are offering is reasonable?

Certainly pays to be in debt!:rotfl:
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    Luna24221 wrote: »

Id have thought that a total of £1500 being knocked off what you owe and a nifty £75 in your pocket is one hell of a deal.

Blimey last time i had a deal that good we had to defraud Norwich union...wouldn't recommend that lol.

Take the offer and count yourself very lucky.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure