Toto Energy reviews: add your feedback

Options

Comments

• Jack_-_TOTO_energy
    Jack_-_TOTO_energy Posts: 18 Organisation Representative
    edited 29 November 2017 at 1:07PM
    Options
    Dreadful company to deal with. The switch did not go smoothly as they moved my electricity account on 12 June 2017 but not my gas one until I chased them up. They did nothing to help, told me to contact my previous supplier and eventually the switch was made on 7 July 2017 but my previous supplier has still not received the necessary data files from Toto to enable them to close my account so I am now registered with 2 gas suppliers! Impossible to contact them as they don't answer emails and they don't ring back as promised. It's now 29 Nov 2017 and I've still not had a bill from them, despite my requests for one. Their website is very basic and gives almost no useful information. This has been incredibly stressful and I really wish I'd not bothered to make the change. Will leave as soon as I can.

Hello!

We're sorry that you haven't received your bill yet, i've sent you a private message to request some details so this request can be escalated.

EDIT: I've tried to privately message you but it won't allow me to! If you could e-mail these details to [EMAIL="Customersupport@totoenergy.com"]Customersupport@totoenergy.com[/EMAIL] i'll pluck them from there! :)

As soon as I grab those details i'll investigate why this hasn't been processed yet and contact you with a resolution ASAP! :)

Many Thanks,

Jack @ TOTO.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of TOTO. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • BullardP
    Options
    This switch has been a disaster. I've been an energy club member for some years and have switched four or five times, and things have until now always gone smoothly. TOTO are however a company very obviously out of their depth. Six weeks later the change over is still not complete, meter readings can't be submitted online and they're unreachable by other means. This is due to a technical glitch that they acknowledge exists but can't fix. They admit to being at least three weeks behind on emails and as I write this, my phone indicates I've been on hold with Toto for 1 hour and 43 minutes. Yes you read that right. As soon as the switch is complete I'm changing supplier again immediately. This is a useless and hopeless company with absolutely no interest in serving its customers.
  • BullardP
    Options
    The only form of communication you will see from Toto will be on Trust Pilot or forums such as this. People who have no actual knowledge of what's going on or how the company works will try and defend their awful treatment of costumers. Either that or they are deceitful cheats themselves with zero conscience and are happy to make false promises to try and deflect people's attention from this clearly failing company. Avoid, avoid, avoid. I wish I had and I will be leaving them ASAP.
  • schwarz
    Options
    I tried to switch to Toto through the energy club, they took my bank details over the phone and I heard nothing from them for almost 2 weeks. I tried the online chat help, but got cut off, I tried phoning, also cut off, emailing and no response. I was also unable to setup an account on their website to resolve myself as they hadn't posted any letter or confirmation for me to get a reference/customer number. On my 3rd try on the phone I got a call back and I asked to cancel the switch, and got an abrupt 'that's fine' (it sounded very busy). After this I switched to someone else.

I got a text message a couple of weeks later saying they were coming to install my smart meter, so I called up again, and someone called me back after 40 minutes or so and they said they had no record of me whatsoever. I felt very uncomfortable with these people having my financial information, and it's put me off trying out the smaller untested firms! I'm sure there are some good ones out there, but Toto are not it. Switched to another firm now, and no problems whatsoever.
  • jammeister
    Options
    I found TOTO through MSE Energy Comparison website and made the dreadful mistake of switching to them a couple of months or so ago. It would take me all day to list out all the frightful results of this switch. They are, without doubt, the most incompetent, badly managed, careless and generally useless Energy company that I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

They don't answer emails. They don't follow through on their promises of action. They give every impression of not caring in the slightest about their customers problems. Their website is DREADFUL.

I have wasted hours of my time trying to fix issues and obtain information from them. All to no effect. It is beyond belief that they are still in business. Their Managing Director and Departmental executive directors must surely be the most useless bunch of people in the entire energy industry.

My VERY STRONG recommendation to everyone is : "DON'T SWITCH TO THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" and just don't touch them even with a 50-foot long disinfected barge-pole. Don't blame me if you switch to them and then have endless problems; you have been warned.
  • Cornish_Dave
    Options
    Under no circumstances would I recommend that anybody should switch to Toto!

My transfer from Sainsbury's Energy went very smoothly I have to admit in June of this year. However since that time I have been asked for a meter reading once and I have no idea if I am on schedule with payments or paying too little as they do not bother to send statements to their customers. When I tried to enter my meter reading online the system would not accept my gas reading and I had to phone it in. Not a pleasant experience having to wait 20 minutes in a queue and the girl that answered was completely disinterested although she did take my computer readings.

Today I receive a notification of a 30% increase even though when I transferred they confirmed I was on a fixed contract! How exactly doies a fixed contract attract a massive increase. My account is called Discount Variable Saver but they told me the only variable part applies if my energy usage estimates were too low, other than this it was fixed. I ring to query this and after 30 minutes in a queue I give up and ask them to call me back. One hour later they did, this suggests their call queue was one and a half hours long! The guy had no idea why I was told my tariff was increasing but he said senior management was discussing this! He had no idea if I was to expect an increase or not, felt sorry for him but do they tell their staff anything.

Do not under any circumstances transfer to this company jammeister's comments are correct. Mind you who would transfer to them now their charges make British Gas look very reasonable! Even though I am on a fixed contract they say I can move without penalty, I think this is what I shall be doing, if I hear nothing further in the next few days!
  • Jack_-_TOTO_energy
    Options
    jammeister wrote: »
    I found TOTO through MSE Energy Comparison website and made the dreadful mistake of switching to them a couple of months or so ago. It would take me all day to list out all the frightful results of this switch. They are, without doubt, the most incompetent, badly managed, careless and generally useless Energy company that I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

They don't answer emails. They don't follow through on their promises of action. They give every impression of not caring in the slightest about their customers problems. Their website is DREADFUL.

I have wasted hours of my time trying to fix issues and obtain information from them. All to no effect. It is beyond belief that they are still in business. Their Managing Director and Departmental executive directors must surely be the most useless bunch of people in the entire energy industry.

My VERY STRONG recommendation to everyone is : "DON'T SWITCH TO THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" and just don't touch them even with a 50-foot long disinfected barge-pole. Don't blame me if you switch to them and then have endless problems; you have been warned.

We're sorry to hear you've had such a poor experience with TOTO.

We understand that we haven't provide you with the customer service you deserve and that is unacceptable. If you could provide me with details privately I will investigate your account personally and ensure communication is consistent!

Thank you for your feedback, we'll take it into account to continuously try to improve the level of customer service we provide. :)
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of TOTO. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Jack_-_TOTO_energy
    Options
    schwarz wrote: »
    I tried to switch to Toto through the energy club, they took my bank details over the phone and I heard nothing from them for almost 2 weeks. I tried the online chat help, but got cut off, I tried phoning, also cut off, emailing and no response. I was also unable to setup an account on their website to resolve myself as they hadn't posted any letter or confirmation for me to get a reference/customer number. On my 3rd try on the phone I got a call back and I asked to cancel the switch, and got an abrupt 'that's fine' (it sounded very busy). After this I switched to someone else.

I got a text message a couple of weeks later saying they were coming to install my smart meter, so I called up again, and someone called me back after 40 minutes or so and they said they had no record of me whatsoever. I felt very uncomfortable with these people having my financial information, and it's put me off trying out the smaller untested firms! I'm sure there are some good ones out there, but Toto are not it. Switched to another firm now, and no problems whatsoever.

We're very sorry that you've experienced a lack of communication with us so far, not a great first impression!

If you can provide me with some additional information privately, i'll look into your original sign-up and find some answers for you! :)

Once again sorry for any inconvenience caused but we'll try to resolve this ASAP!
    Verified Company
  • jammeister
    Options
    How do I send you a private message ? You have not provided me with any private email address or any private telephone number. I refuse to ring the TOTO normal number because one has to wait for ages and ages for anyone to answer it ................ and when I send an email to the [EMAIL="hello@totoenergy.com"]hello@totoenergy.com[/EMAIL] email address ................... no-one answers my emails !! So, how do I communicate with you privately ??

I think your message just goes to prove my point -- viz. TOTO Energy is the most inefficient and hopelessly managed energy company in the UK today.

I look forward to hearing from you ................... but I shall not be holding my breath.
  • thozza
    thozza Posts: 304 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jammeister wrote: »
    How do I send you a private message ? You have not provided me with any private email address or any private telephone number. I refuse to ring the TOTO normal number because one has to wait for ages and ages for anyone to answer it ................ and when I send an email to the [EMAIL="hello@totoenergy.com"]hello@totoenergy.com[/EMAIL] email address ................... no-one answers my emails !! So, how do I communicate with you privately ??

If you click on the other forum member's name, a drop down menu appears with Private Message as the second option.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure